Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. Now I'm thinking of buying a progressive shock.I was thinking of buy the 1" shorter than standard rear shock being I already have a 1" lowering link on now,that where I can put the shock link back in.My question is going with the 1" lower shock does this put the shock in perfornace place as to put a new standard shock and keep the 1" links in.I would think having a shock that's built shorter would be a better working shock than a shock that operator with a 1" lowering link.

·
Administrator
8,374 Posts
Lowering links do their lowering by changing the geometry of the linkage that joins the swing arm to the shock. They effectively lower the spring rate by providing a longer lever for the spring to operate against.

I would go for a 1" shorter shock rather than a standard shock and lowering links. In my opinion, lowering links are a cost effective way to achieve and end, be it lowering or raising the bike a bit, when it's not possible to go the more spendy route. They shouldn't be kept on when you have an opportunity to go for a proper length shock.

T

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Tom, that was what I was thinking too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts