Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I go online tonight and do a Google search on a family member. About 7 listings down the page, a heading comes up for "Images Of ________." I note, in these images, not only pics related to that family member and a lot of just weird, random shit, but also photos that I've posted on this site and also photos that other members have posted on the forum with an active link to the thread where they're posted.

I kind of feel stupid. I'm always telling my wife, "Be careful what you post on Facebook, you don't know where it will wind up." I really didn't think the same thing would happen with photos posted on this site filtered by only a last name in a Google search.

So, you might want to be a little selective with what photos you post. Is there some setting I should be using to prevent this from happening or is it unavoidable? The photos I'd posted I can understand. The photos another member posted kind of freaked me out.

·
Registered
232 Posts
welcome to nineteen eighty-four :arghh:

i don't know if there is anything you can do anymore to protect yourself, the bots are watching every move we make, should be illegal

·
Premium Member
5,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I guess it doesn't help matters any that my screen name is my real name. Eh, well. In retrospect I guess it shouldn't have been that surprising to me. It was just weird more than anything, I guess, to see the photos outside the site like that. I'm sure my GPS coordinates and DNA samples on file are encoded somewhere in those photo links so all the government entities have to do is right-click on the photo to send a drone to track me down and kill me. So, if anybody gets taken out in a case of mistaken identity, my apologies in advance...............

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Well, I don't understand completely how it works. Weirds me out, too. As a writer, I get that searching 'JD Mader' should bring up my pic, but it brings up my friends and some pics from this site, too. Weird juju. Glad I never took naked pics of myself.... :brick:

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
want to really get freaked out? go to google image search and drop in a picture.

·
Premium Member
5,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hell, I don't get any pictures when I google my entire name, not even any naked ones. I get a bunch of posts I made on other forums 10 years ago along with the usual "Find" and "Get Back In Touch With...." services. From there, the search just morphs into more prominent members of the family, most of whom I don't even know......

I suppose that's a good thing, though....

·
Premium Member
5,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think there may be some video out there of me drunk and naked except for a pair of ear muffs shooting and busting up a big stack of concrete blocks with a Ruger Redhawk .44 Magnum but it hasn't surfaced yet, probably because I've never run for a public office. At this point in life, I really don't care if it does.......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts