Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He doesn't send instructions. I have a 2008. Just the lights, clamps and a negative wire and a hot wire. Does anyone know how to hook these wires up. Do I just splice them into the existing or do I need to get a switch and all that stuff. Maybe I should just pay someone...lol Thank you in advance

·
Administrator
8,293 Posts
They draw about one amp each, so they don't really need a relay and you can probably get by without a fuse.

If you have a Gen 1 the city lights circuit should be able to handle them, so you could wire them into that circuit. The red wire would go to the city lights wire and the negative lead can go to any convenient grounding spot. The lights would come on anytime the ignition switch is turned on.

Alternatively (and if you have a Gen 2) you could tap into the low beam circuit so that they come on with the low beams. They'd turn off when the high beam came on.

Did you also buy this so that mounting them is easy?

T

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not sure which brackets I am getting. I am still talking with him. I think the single ones. I have a 2008 Thank you for your time. It doesn't sound to bad hooking it up.

·
Registered
12 Posts
On a Gen 2 bike, would they go off when switched to high beam? I thought both lights stayed on in high beam? I can't check now because the bike is under covers :)

·
Administrator
8,293 Posts
Head slap.

Face palm.

"Doh! A swing and a miss!" cried Tom, not having hit a homer with that one.

T

·
Administrator
8,293 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No, I thought it was someone talking about Tom for helping me...My bad, I should have looked at the names.Sorry

·
Administrator
8,293 Posts
Ah, OK. I wasn't sure if it was something I said or if someone had made a comment that you replied to, then they deleted the comment before I saw it.

Anyway, what are these lights and how much are they? Got a link to them? I'm interested in what you come up with.

Tom

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ah, OK. I wasn't sure if it was something I said or if someone had made a comment that you replied to, then they deleted the comment before I saw it.

Anyway, what are these lights and how much are they? Got a link to them? I'm interested in what you come up with.

Tom
I can't post the URL with 11 posts but the Gen 2 lights/mounts are on page 3 of the link you posted. I also bought those mounts, a wiring harness/handlebar switch from Trail Tech and some LED lights from Bluhm Enterprises. Mine aren't installed yet..
Item #: BL-LBP4SQ
Size: 4 inch sq. (acually 3-1/3" SQ)
Color: clear
Price: ($79.99)
Xtreme Off-Road Brite Lites LED light in the Post Mount LED design. Super tough all Aluminium housing acts as full heat sink and provides great protection for long life. Rated to last 30,000 hours. 4" square model has 4 LED, uses 16 watts- 1.3 amp, and puts out 1900 lumens.

·
Administrator
8,293 Posts
Thanks, troop, I'll check them out. Gotta say that i like the Gen 1 mounting bracket better, though.

t

1 - 12 of 12 Posts