Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
8,256 Posts
I like EVERIDE.

And now I like the Aprilia! Thanks for sharing that video.

Tom

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
What I wouldn't like, is trying to service or repair the Aprilia in Bolivia or Cambodia or Mongolia. And many US of A States!

Even a KLR could be challenging in many countries.

·
Administrator
8,256 Posts
Oh, holey carp, I wouldn't want to service it in my garage at my leisure!

It's why I never had a Funduro.

Still, it's a cool bike.

Tom

Reactions: Squidly

·
Lifetime Member
2,482 Posts
That is a pretty sweet bike. Just for a lark I did a Kijiji search for one. Not one in the entire province! Probably not as many sold this side of the imaginary line...

·
Registered
541 Posts
For $1,700 I’d have been all over that deal, even if it is 15 years old and has a 17 inch front wheel.

That looked like a great trail.

His choice for the Utah Adventure Ride he was talking about turned out to be a Gen1 KLR. He left the Pegaso and a KTM 990 behind.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
For $1,700 I’d have been all over that deal, even if it is 15 years old and has a 17 inch front wheel.

That looked like a great trail.

His choice for the Utah Adventure Ride he was talking about turned out to be a Gen1 KLR. He left the Pegaso and a KTM 990 behind.
Smart man....sure it sounded like a nice bike and performed well from his 2 videos.....but as we all know....parts????....where do you find parts for such an animal...?:character00201:

·
Registered
541 Posts
I used to restore vintage (pre-75) dirt bikes and dual sports and learned that finding rare or unusual parts came down to being resourceful and patient. :wink2:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was talking with a kid last year at a dirt ride, I had my wee strom and so did he. He did a ride from MN to Argentina and said they had zero issues with finding parts as many in So. Ameri. police use the wee as a police vehicle. He needed a new stator somewhere and a shop had one on the shelf. Just saying that you never know what is out there.

·
Registered
195 Posts
If the refinement is anything like the 2 listed in my sig, then I sure it's a great machine. Will I get rid of my KLR to get one? No. I'm a big Aprilia fan, they make great bikes. Did I buy my K b/c its a great bike? No. I bought it because when I rode it, it felt well under me, not to mention I work at a metric dealer so getting parts and farkles helped the decision. I have long arms and legs so the K fits me. I've tried some others (VStrom and the like), my back doesn't like the riding position. I'll keep the K... at least till the Africa Twins get cheaper.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts