Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to figure this site out so I'm hoping this go's into introductions . I'm a new klr 650 owner . I've owned a drz 400 , dr350 , Dr 125 was my first bike. But know I know enjoy this true dual sport . I've put 3k on it so far and I say anyone who has spoke poorly about the klr650 has probably really never owned one . I took mine on a 5 hour highway trip and did 70 mph the whole way. The bike didn't skip a beat. And in the woods it's a mule. It truly will GO ANYWHERE. I ride off trail strait through the forest. The only limitation to this bike is me. It's so ballzy it shocks me everytime I go out. The things I've read about this bike not being all that drive me crazy. It's all that and then some

·
Premium Member
1,585 Posts
We know better.

I climb stairs just to blow people's minds.

It gets even better when challenged to a race.
An answer like "Sure, across that creek and to the top of that dune and back?"
sends the rocket guys on their way. Then go rip past them in some hairpins. LOL

Have fun, and enjoy the site,
Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeap

·
Registered
93 Posts
Welcome!

Totally agree with you about this bike. I still ride sport and I've ridden cruisers as well. Ridden a loooot of different bikes and owned many. This bike is a jack of all trades and expert at it!

This things goes everywhere and on a nice enough day it can still cut up the twisties. Love it!

Have fun on the forum and let me know if you need anything! Lots of help to go around!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feed back. As far as help goes I hope I don't need it for along time. I'd be one sad dude if my new bike breaks anytime soon . How ever I would like to ask one thing. If I've already put 3 k on it how much longer could I go before I do the doo? It's a 2015 new edition withe the green shock and new seat. And the new seat ain't that great by the way so don't feel like ya lost out if ya didn't get one. But the doohickey. How many miles should I get from the factory one.?

·
Premium Member
6,822 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
pd posted right before I did! Said the same but included mileage. Smart man!

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
jolly byron,
It is not so much the current doohickey as it is the current spring . But the newest spring only properly fits the Best Doo-Hickey, Eagle Mikes!
Let me suggest 10-20 thousand miles Maximum.............
I second the 10-20 thousand. Both of my gen2s went that far before I started hearing the balancer chain getting a little loose. Sounds like a slack drive chain. Go with the torsion spring so you don't have to go back in and change extension springs as they loose tension.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts