Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does it really make that MUCH of a difference to the power when you do engine oil/filter and air filter clean/maintenance:confused:

I took it out for a little test ride after all the maintenance was done this morning and WOW! There was a very noticeable power differance. I mean before it felt as if the front wheel was glued to the ground and it was difficult to get her up, well not so today as I was being a little hooligan again:12a: and the front wheel came right off the ground and kept rising until I got off the gas.

Do you think this is due to the above maintenance or were all the stars in the universe aligned just right and I just happened to attempt this hooliganism at the very moment the earth's gravity was weakened state?

·
Lifetime Member
2,483 Posts
I guess if your air filter was really really dirty it could make a big difference, otherwise I think it would be hardly noticeable... I vote on the reduced gravity :).

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess if your air filter was really really dirty it could make a big difference, otherwise I think it would be hardly noticeable... I vote on the reduced gravity :).
Funny thing is...the Air Filter really wasn't all that bad. So yeah, I'm right there with ya about the gravity thing then. lol

·
Registered
170 Posts
Does it really make that MUCH of a difference to the power when you do engine oil/filter and air filter clean/maintenance:confused:

I took it out for a little test ride after all the maintenance was done this morning and WOW! There was a very noticeable power differance. I mean before it felt as if the front wheel was glued to the ground and it was difficult to get her up, well not so today as I was being a little hooligan again:12a: and the front wheel came right off the ground and kept rising until I got off the gas.

Do you think this is due to the above maintenance or were all the stars in the universe aligned just right and I just happened to attempt this hooliganism at the very moment the earth's gravity was weakened state?
Maybe the helium in front tires?

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Were you low on gas? Full tank makes a big weight difference.

·
Lifetime Member
2,483 Posts
Hmmmm... Helium! Great idea, could solve some of those unsprung weight problems. This bears investigation! :D

Cheers,
Stew

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Were you low on gas? Full tank makes a big weight difference.
Lockjaw,

Nope was 19 miles into a full tank. Probably just me, as a kid I was very prone to believing all the hype about new shoes and running faster lol.

In all seriousness I was probably just feeling more comfortable with the bike as I'm going into month 2 of owning it and the same from a 20 year return of an EX-moto X'er. I think that equates to more throttle and more weight placement to the rear...lol

Take Care and Ride Safe!

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Hey man, the brain is a powerful thing. I always think the bike is 'happier' after oil change, clean filter, etc. I think it is because I am riding harder 'looking' for any change. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
I've always felt bikes run better right after an oil change..

Makes zero sense.. But it sure feels like the bike's happier!! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts