Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can you tell if the doohickey mod has been done on a used bike if the previous owner that was not the original owner does not know? I have a 99 KLR with 8500 miles and an 07 KLR with 2500 miles, and I would like to know if the work has been done without taking things apart to look. Any help would be appreciated. Also, at what point does the lack of this mod become an issue? Thanks!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help with the doohickey, by the way, what is the actual part name for the "doohickey?"

On another note...I noticed that behind the fairing/windscreen there are two unused wires with factory connections that are not utilized. The Clymer manual does not address thier intended function unless you lool at the wiring diagram which reveals that the wires are left that way intentionally on North American models but used for a "city light" on other models. Are these wires ever used for anything aftermarket or for any other purpose or are they just dead ends?

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
On another note...I noticed that behind the fairing/windscreen there are two unused wires with factory connections that are not utilized. The Clymer manual does not address thier intended function unless you lool at the wiring diagram which reveals that the wires are left that way intentionally on North American models but used for a "city light" on other models. Are these wires ever used for anything aftermarket or for any other purpose or are they just dead ends?
They're too light for such things as a heated vest, but they're perfect for powering a GPS, and they're switched at the key..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so a cigarette lighter socket would work there? GPS, cell phone charger, etc.?
I guess the 12v beer cooler is a little much, huh?!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts