Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got an 09 and want a descent trunk that isn't too expensive. judging by the price of this it leads me to believe it's crap, but hell, the price is right! is it at least good crap?

since i'm a lowly little rookie i apparently can't post url's until i hit the pinnacle of 15 posts, so can you just paste this link into your browser after the usual http stuff...

shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=dual+sport+trunk&_sacat=0&_trksid=p3286.m270.l1313&_odkw=scooter+trunk&_osacat=0&bkBtn=1

thanks! ben

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
I believe thats the one I have gotten as a handmedown from Mark... Which I'm very grateful...
It's held up pretty good for the price. The tab for the latch broke on mark and he fixed it, then it broke on me and I fixed it again. The locking mount finally broke too.. I now have it screwed down to the plate.

you get what you pay for.. right? i'm not complaining.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Sure you can John.
It's just a matter of drilling some holes in the mounting plate and bolting to the rack.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I first thought I didnt want to look all dorky like the others with a trunk...But I have to say, It comes in handy sometimes.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I first thought I didnt want to look all dorky like the others with a trunk...But I have to say, It comes in handy sometimes.
maybe if you paint some flames on it and put a hood scoop coming out the top it won't look so dorky!

anyways, looks i'm gonna throw down on that there junk trunk so i got a place to put my fanny packs and hand grenades!

thanks for the info!

·
Registered
650 Posts
a black milk crate.
If you use a 4 gal. crate for the top.. you could bolt on a couple 6gal. ones for side bags. When they are empty you'll get good mileage from the great thru air flow design...

Flames and a Hood Scoop huh?.......:cool:

·
Registered
63 Posts
This is the JC Whitney. 58.00. come's with mount plate and work's like a givi, I removed the round red reflector and put a square one on it for a less squidly look, It seem's tough enough.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Me too, Dorky goes out the window when you have a flat and no tube's or tool's, They hold everything you need for road side flat repair as well as a couple a bottled water's.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Dorky is as Dorky does...

I use these...

And this ...

to carry tools and tubes..

I have no excuse for looking Dorky...:character00271:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Trying to guess what Tractor you have in the background, look's like a 9-2 or 8n, The see through front wheel's has me confused,,,,

·
Registered
650 Posts
Bingadee O'

It's a great runner. Has a problem with the Mag getting hot after a few hours running. let it cool down for an hour and she good for another 2-3 hours. He's got a little adjustable box scraper and a single plow for it. He'd like to find a little 6' disc to drag around the back of it. but, most are junk from this era.

He's got an MD also like this one below...

no where near as nice. Told me he bought it for $900 around 1950. The guy up the street just came over yesterday asking to but it. Stan is thinking about it.. the MD has a Loader on it. Which makes it handy. But without power steering and needing good ground under it so the front doesnt bury. He's thinking about selling it. The Super C is a better little Tractor for what he'll need around here now.

We're going :character0053: right now.. I'll get a pic of Stan's IH later, and post up.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts