Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know I've read posts about it, and I've checked mine, just a couple weeks ago as a matter of fact. I guess it's one of those things that I figured only happened to other people, people who are not as cool as me. I really gave it some thought back when I got that thing in the mail last year. Yeah, right, like I'm gonna believe that crap, my muffler is gonna fall off, har, har, har, right. Well no shit Sylvester it did!

We got home last night and Nancy says, I thought I smelled something while we were on the way back. I say, yeah I smelled it at the red light in Wasilla. It smelled like someone driving with their emergency break on. I didn't smell it after we left the intersection. Then she says, I smelled it all the way home.

Humm, this morning while doing a regular check of the bikes just to be sure nothing is falling apart and Bingo! Yep sure as poop stinks my dam muffler is hanging down and trying to melt away the reflector on the rear fender (only minor damage) if it were not for the Happytrail pannier racks on the bike it would no doubt fell off.

Geez, I couldn't believe it. I am so cool, how could this have happened to me? Well I replaced the bolts and used lock tight, then checked everything else I could think of. So if you haven't done anything about your muffler bolts take my word for it, it's gonna fall off.

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Ha, funny post and informative. Glad you didn't lose the whole thing!

KLR.........Keep Loctite Ready.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
You too, Ard? Say it ain't so... ;)

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
So that's what it means?

Ha, funny post and informative. Glad you didn't lose the whole thing!

KLR.........Keep Loctite Ready.
Ha, Ha, that is good man! I have read posts here where members were asking what KLR stood for. I figured the letters to be initials but it turns out they are actually an acronym! Cool post Flash, thanks for clearing up the issue.

Dan,

I know, I know, I can't believe this has happened to me, I do everything right, I dress right, I sit right, I look sooo cool, and I am, really, well I have already talked to my therapist and she assures me that I can work through this. She says that I'm strong and that something like this can happen to anyone, but gosh, like, wow, to me? I'll be OK, I will.

Ard

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
I'm no therapist, but it sounds like farkle withdrawal to me. ;) You better chrome that shit up or something.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts