Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Problem. When I have too much time on my hands I go look at other motorcycles. I've been on a job in So Cal and have had much standby time in which I have been to Del Amo Motorsports in Redondo Beach and today at Bert's in Covina, both of which have Ducati 1198's in stock, and available, in red.....groan. What got me started was at a stoplight in El Segundo that a Ducati Monster took off on the green with that unmistakable sound of a Duc. Hooked, I went looking. Bert's has a new '09 discounted to 14K, sweet, that's a 19K MSRP.

This would be the third in the stable. I gently tried to lure my beloved into the idea and I will quote her, "I'm tired of being the Other Woman".

What to do?

·
Administrator
8,292 Posts
Hey flash, how long are you going to hanging out in my neighborhood?

I bought my bike from Del Amo, and I work in El Segundo. One of the kids at work has a 948, and there's a 1198 in the parking lot.

Tom, currently hanging out with Tropical Storm Ida in Tampa...

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
I'll sell you a 73 Honda for half that and make a really loud recording of that weird duc clutch chatter....just saying....

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey flash, how long are you going to hanging out in my neighborhood?

I bought my bike from Del Amo, and I work in El Segundo. One of the kids at work has a 948, and there's a 1198 in the parking lot.

Tom, currently hanging out with Tropical Storm Ida in Tampa...
Not much longer. Be doing some finish up work tomorrow at Chevron and should be heading back to Texas around noon. Funny you should mention Ida, we have a crew sidelined in Monroe, LA. They were headed to Mobile and got turned around.

·
Administrator
8,292 Posts
Not much longer. Be doing some finish up work tomorrow at Chevron and should be heading back to Texas around noon. Funny you should mention Ida, we have a crew sidelined in Monroe, LA. They were headed to Mobile and got turned around.
Bummers and drags.

If you ever get back, let me know and I'll treat you to some eats at the Fish Company.

Tom

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bummers and drags.

If you ever get back, let me know and I'll treat you to some eats at the Fish Company.

Tom
Appreciate that! I lived here a long time ago, my first stop was In-N-Out....Double-Double you know. Lucille's, Pinks, Chris & Pitts and Vince's so far. I *may* have put on some poundage on this trip.

·
Administrator
8,292 Posts
Remember when you could take the In-N-Out bumper sticker and and cut the "b" and "r" off the end of "burger" and stick it on your ride?

heh-heh-heh-heh....

Tom

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Remember when you could take the In-N-Out bumper sticker and and cut the "b" and "r" off the end of "burger" and stick it on your ride?

heh-heh-heh-heh....

Tom
Just so happens..........left side of toolbox. Probably stuck that there around 1979 or so.

I had to dig around in my saved photos for a bit but I knew I would have had a shot of that toolbox in the background somewhere.

·
Administrator
8,292 Posts
All right!

BTW, I'm sorry that I hijacked your thread, I'm done now, and I hope Mrs. Lockjaw doesn't see it...

Back to Ducati stuff.

Tom

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Tom

It's my thread and I don't care if it's jacked or not.

Being a SoCal guy did you notice the "Too Hip" sticker? On the other side of that drawer is the matching "KLOS 95.5" sticker. Looking it over I noticed things that I look at every day and never give a second thought. There is the MSM Marv's Speed and Marine that was in Covina, the Mulholland that was "the" shock to get back when, a Camaro badge from the '68 SS 396 that is sadly long gone, and the tubes of loctite red and blue for the bike in the foreground ;-).

Oh, and LJ will appreciate the Honda 450 patch on the center of the lid. Thanks for the offer LJ but I will save my beans for the 1198 ! 170 ponies is hard on any clutch.

·
Administrator
8,292 Posts
flash -

Yeah, it's easy to see that you're a SoCal transplant.

Now, been to Bone Daddy's lately? I was there a couple of weeks back.

Tom

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
flash -

Yeah, it's easy to see that you're a SoCal transplant.

Now, been to Bone Daddy's lately? I was there a couple of weeks back.

Tom
I've heard good things about Bone Daddy's but never been. Usually places like that and Luciell's - C&P's are crowd pleaser's. The best BBQ I've ever had comes from a guy in Sherman, TX that moves his trailer from place to place in the city.

·
Administrator
8,292 Posts
flash -

Yeah, those are always the best.

Try Britt's over in El Segundo on Main - he started out that way. Used to call the wife and I every Saturday to tell us where he'd be.

Tom

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Dude, you have a ****ING HONDA 450 PATCH! Allright, 8K, a double double, a cheeseburger animal style, and I get to be the third wheel on this here internet date you and Tom are on. That's my final offer. ;)

·
Administrator
8,292 Posts
Look, dang it, I'm in a hotel. All alone. Bored. A guy get's lonely...

Tom

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dude, you have a ****ING HONDA 450 PATCH! Allright, 8K, a double double, a cheeseburger animal style, and I get to be the third wheel on this here internet date you and Tom are on. That's my final offer. ;)
BWAAAAHAAAAAAA !!!!! You're just jealous 'cause I have the prized 450 patch. Got it when I bought it in '73 along with the service manual. Was going to sew it onto my favorite Levi jacket but could never figure out how to run Mom's ancient Singer.

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
Bert's has a new '09 discounted to 14K, sweet, that's a 19K MSRP.

This would be the third in the stable. I gently tried to lure my beloved into the idea and I will quote her, "I'm tired of being the Other Woman".

What to do?
Buy her a $5000 diamond, and park the Duc!

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Or buy here a 2K diamond and say it cost 5. And then buy some red and black racing leathers. :35a:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts