Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a word of assurance for Spec for when he wakes up tomorrow and finds "white stuff" all over the ground. Don't worry, it's JUST SNOW:confused:. You know, the stuff you see covering the tops of the Sierra's. Well tonight it is supposed to drop all the way to the desert floor. So don't panic, build us a little desert snowman and post some pictures. Enjoy it while you can, after all it may not happen again for another 20 years.

Greg

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
I find it extra funny, since it's been uncommonly warm here for the last couple days, and most of the snow is gone because of the warm weather and rain.

Monday and Tuesday night I was snowmobiling, and today it's gone.. :(

You warn Spec about the snow, and I'm bummed because there isn't any.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Just a word of assurance for Spec for when he wakes up tomorrow and finds "white stuff" all over the ground. Don't worry, it's JUST SNOW:confused:. You know, the stuff you see covering the tops of the Sierra's. Well tonight it is supposed to drop all the way to the desert floor. So don't panic, build us a little desert snowman and post some pictures. Enjoy it while you can, after all it may not happen again for another 20 years.

Greg

Snow? Yea Ridgecrest gets that every 4-5 years. A few inches usually but that's enough to shut the town down!

Riding in the snow was actually fun the few times I've done it. I found that if I rode in between the car tracks the traction was pretty good. Off-road it's a blast until the snow gets deep enough to cover up the rocks and ruts!

·
Registered
327 Posts
It has been cold enough for snow here the last few nights but seems the clouds have not whiling to let go some love. Tonight is yet another forecasting of it and call me crazy but I think the clouds are starting to get that just right look about them.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Snowing here now (1pm).

We already had a call from the high school saying classes are probably canceled tomorrow, my kids liked that!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I-5 over the grapevine is closed due to 90+ mph winds and heavy snow. Local mountains getting pounded, light rain on valley floor. Whew, I am glad I am home watching the Sunday games.

Greg.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Snow yea we got it, here's the trail leaving from my house.

Trying to talk my 16 year old into going riding, can you imagine having to talk him into it?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What an awesome sight. I've always liked the look of snow on the desert. It's such a stark contrast of the norm. Still waiting on that desert snowman.

Greg

·
Registered
101 Posts
You right now go ride...lol

Kurt

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Doesn't last long in the desert! This is about 4 hours after the first photo.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yup, pretty while it lasted. Looks like we have 7-10 days of clear and warming weather coming. Should be nice riding weather. Ground wet enough to keep the dust down etc.

Greg

·
Registered
327 Posts
Sorry these are late, life is crazy right now.

This is about half way through the 24hr straight dump:

A quick ride the following after noon right up the street from me:

This is the burn area from the fire few months ago:

Nice little ride:

Today we still got a little bit left as it seems to be warming up:

·
Registered
88 Posts
it's just snow

Someone sent me this today:

Suposedly, this comes from a county emergency manager out in the western part of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan after a severe snow storm ...

The Mining Journal,Marquette, MI

WEATHER BULLETIN

Up here in the Northern part of Michigan we just recovered from a Historic event --- may I even say a "Weather Event" of "Biblical Proportions" --- with a historic blizzard of up to 44" inches of snow and winds to 90 MPH that broke trees in half, knocked down utility poles, stranded hundreds of motorists in lethal snow banks, closed ALL roads, isolated scores of communities and cut power to 10's of thousands.

FYI:

Obama did not come.

FEMA did nothing.

No one howled for the government.

No one blamed the government.

No one even uttered an expletive on TV.

Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton did not visit.

Our Mayor's did not blame Obama or anyone else.

Our Governor did not blame Obama or anyone else either.

CNN, ABC, CBS, FOX, or NBC did not visit - or even report on this category 5 snow storm.

Nobody demanded $2,000 debit cards.

No one asked for a FEMA Trailer House.

No one looted.

Nobody - I mean Nobody demanded the government do something.

Nobody expected the government to do anything either.

No Larry King, No Oprah, No Chris Mathews and No Geraldo Rivera.

No Sean Penn, No Barbra Streisand, No Brad Pitts, No Hollywood types to be found.

Nope, we just melted the snow for water.

Sent out caravans of SUV's to pluck people out of snow engulfed cars.

The truck drivers pulled people out of snow banks and didn't ask for a penny.

Local restaurants made food, and the police and fire departments delivered it to the snow bound families..

Families took in the stranded people - total strangers.

We fired up wood stoves, broke out coal oil lanterns or Coleman lanterns.

We put on an extra layers of clothes because up here it is "Work or Die".

We did not wait for some affirmative action government to get us out of a mess created by being immobilized by a welfare program that trades votes for 'sittin at home' checks.

Even though a Category 5 blizzard of this scale is not usual, we know it can happen and how to deal with it ourselves.

The world does Not owe you a living.

·
Administrator
3,609 Posts
Winter's not so bad

·
Registered
88 Posts
coyote

"...the local coyotes ate her"

Where do I sign up for coyote?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts