Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm buying a Gold Wing.. :33a:

:character00271:

(and no, I'm not selling my KLR, but will be selling my V Strom)

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hehehehehe...there isn't anything wrong with riding around on a big ole couch on wheels :)... Have had them and love them.

It's a change for me. The closest I've had to a couch is a BMW R100RT, which was nothing more than a standard BMW airhead twin with a fairing on it. I also don't think I've ever had a bike that weighed more than 600 pounds..:18:

I'll bet a weekend on it will make my KLR feel like a feather, though...:)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Don't feel too bad.
I did a three hundred mile ride yesterday and the last fifty miles was wondering what my next bike, (the one for long long distances was going to be)

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't feel too bad.
I did a three hundred mile ride yesterday and the last fifty miles was wondering what my next bike, (the one for long long distances was going to be)
I have a really nice 05 V Strom with bags for sale...:character00271:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Touche!

But I'll get back at you when I post the pictures from my ride yesterday.
BUWAHAHAHAHAhahahahahahaha!!!!

:evilgrin0007:

Brian

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice looking Strom... what kind of price you putting on it?

I haven't really studied what I'm going to ask for it. I've pretty much got it completely set up, and the only thing I'm going to take off of it is my powered GPS mount/cradle.

I'll have to round up a list of all the stuff it's got, and what's been done. As it stands, I'm currently in getting the Wing mode and not worried about pawning off the Strom mode, so far..:)

I figured I'd get everything rounded up and post it for sale on ADVriders, and maybe here. If it doesn't move, I'll toss it on Craigslist.

Not that I have room for another bike in my garage, anyway..:(

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
I rode from MA to VA Beach on a Gold Wing....and the seats are way comfy! Goldwings rawk:35a:

Congrats!!!

A bike doesn't make a man old or otherwise...it's the man that maketh the bike cool. Can ya dig it? :20:

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Swish..
I figured I'd have something that is made for long distance and 2up riding, rather than trying to convert the Strom to it.

My fiancee hates the Strom seat and seating position, and was pretty happy to see the Wing. I told her the intercom system is broken and can't be fixed.:23a:

I don't think she believed me..:)

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Thanks Swish..
I figured I'd have something that is made for long distance and 2up riding, rather than trying to convert the Strom to it.

My fiancee hates the Strom seat and seating position, and was pretty happy to see the Wing. I told her the intercom system is broken and can't be fixed.:23a:

I don't think she believed me..:)
You're welcome...

Tell your fiance that rides are supposed to take your breath away...making it difficult to speak anyway.:11a:

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Tell your fiance that rides are supposed to take your breath away...making it difficult to speak anyway.:11a:
With the Wing, I have a hunch I'll hear snoring behind me. Fresh air, sunshine, comfortable seat, and someone you trust at the wheel turns her into Ms. Nappy.. At least she'll have tunes and comfortable backrest.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Hell... I'm 35 and want a Goldwing. I'm toying with the idea of a sport touring bike first. I'm going to need my buddies to keep me away from the kawi shops when the new concours 14 hits the showroom. I'll end up buying one no matter the cost. Maybe I could pay someone to punch me in the face evertime I try to enter the dealership. I think it's just that damn good of a bike from everything I've read and seen so far.

Lately though, after finally finding some trails around here, I'm getting to like my KLR all over again. I was getting pretty down in the dumps because I just didn't have any off-road options around here. Everything is 2-3 hours away and most are ATV parks which just aren't fun on the KLR which is why I got the KDX200. Now that I have some nearby trails, I can get better at riding the KLR off-road.

·
Registered
206 Posts
You're welcome...

Man, where is the vomit smiley when ya need one.
LOL

Just kidding. But as the big Fat guy from "Two Stupid Dog's" would say

"Awww... Isn't that cute. BUT ITS WRONG!!!"

I'm going to have to remember that one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts