Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally had a chance to hook up with Sandiogowheels for another great ride. It's been about two months since I've been out on the KLR so I really needed this. We headed out to Borrego in the east county of San Diego. The weather was awesome, really comfortable for riding gear. The trails were a little sandy, not used to the sand too much but I adjusted. I did have one oh s**t moment where the bike wanted to buck me off, but I recovered and managed to keep the bike up for the whole ride!

Awesome ride Kevin, let's do it again real soon.
-Chuck

Kevin (sandiegowheels) was collecting some of the trash people left behind so I thought this would be a subtle reminder,....

·
Premium Member
5,518 Posts
Nice scenery!

What's the large black top case? I like the looks of it. I'm looking for a replacement for mine and want something pretty big. Looks larger, more durable and more rugged than what I'm currently using.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice scenery!

What's the large black top case? I like the looks of it. I'm looking for a replacement for mine and want something pretty big. Looks larger, more durable and more rugged than what I'm currently using.
It's a 1550 Pelican. I made some custom mounts for it, here's the thread on the setup: http://www.klrforum.com/showthread.php?t=11217

I've had this case off road many times and it's been slammed on the ground and taken the brunt of more than a few get offs. It is the real deal. I also use pelican cases to ship some of the equipment that I manufacture. Very happy with their stuff.

·
Premium Member
5,518 Posts
It's a 1550 Pelican. I made some custom mounts for it, here's the thread on the setup: http://www.klrforum.com/showthread.php?t=11217

I've had this case off road many times and it's been slammed on the ground and taken the brunt of more than a few get offs. It is the real deal. I also use pelican cases to ship some of the equipment that I manufacture. Very happy with their stuff.
Yes, I now remember that thread with the nice mounts. Thanks for the info. I thought it looked like a Pelican case but wasn't sure what model it was. Seems like the perfect case to me.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Sun, no snow, shirt sleeves in January; what planet were these taken on? Awesome pics, looks like a great ride. :)

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Nice! My family and I used to camp there when I was a kid. Drive the van out into the middle of nowhere, set up camp and look at the stars while coyotes howl. Looks like a dope ride.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Nice work with the camera and with keeping the rubber-side down all day. Between the strong Santa-Ana winds and the sand this ride was a bit of a workout! I ordered tires on Sunday. When it came down to it I could'nt go with the Mefos due to the $$$. I went with Kendas, can't wait to try them out. Great ride!

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
I miss Anza Borego. Don't miss Santa Annas. :character00271:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice work with the camera and with keeping the rubber-side down all day. Between the strong Santa-Ana winds and the sand this ride was a bit of a workout! I ordered tires on Sunday. When it came down to it I could'nt go with the Mefos due to the $$$. I went with Kendas, can't wait to try them out. Great ride!
Let me know when you get those tires on, it's a great excuse to get out there and hit it again. Not that we need any excuses. :)

I miss Anza Borego. Don't miss Santa Annas. :character00271:
Yes, but I'll take those Santa Annas over snow any day. :)
You guys don't get the Santa Anna winds up there?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts