Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, thrilled to be apart of the wealth of knowledge this forum has to offer. I've followed this forum for sometime now, but didn't join until I purchased my 2006 KLR a couple of weeks ago. I've spent the past couple of years itching to plunge into the adventure/dual sport riding community.

I researched all my options. At first, I thought I'd be a DR350 guy, but wanted something more versatile than just dirt. The more I researched the more I kept coming back to the KLR. I love it. It takes some getting used to as I'm 5'-9", but I've had a lot of off road experience with dirt bikes, four wheelers, and manual trucks, although, it's been years. I'm 27, laid back, and will be interested in some future meet ups.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Welcome to the club!!
I am fairly new as-well, Lovin the KLR... It does it all pretty good..

Reactions: NoirXplorer

·
Registered
3 Posts
Like you I'm new to the forum. Last time I rode a bike was 9 years ago. I just turned 50 and just bought a 2015 KLR. I immediately started doing all the mods and I'm currently waiting for the Klx needle and unifilter. Next up crash bars and other "essentials" In 1986 I rode an 85 KLR 600 and have missed it ever since I sold it a few years later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looking to ride

Hi,

I am from the Chattanooga area and am ready to start riding. Just moved hear a year ago and have not really had time until now to get back onto my bike. Have a 2011 KLR650, completely stock. New to ADV riding and hoping to get some day trips in before it starts getting cold. Would consider myself a beginner off-road but a ride down the main road of Prentice Cooper would be great. If anyone is interested in setting up a ride, send me a message. I do have flexibility during the week for a weekday ride if that works for anyone.

Dan

·
Registered
541 Posts
Hi,

I am from the Chattanooga area and am ready to start riding. Just moved hear a year ago and have not really had time until now to get back onto my bike. Have a 2011 KLR650, completely stock. New to ADV riding and hoping to get some day trips in before it starts getting cold. Would consider myself a beginner off-road but a ride down the main road of Prentice Cooper would be great. If anyone is interested in setting up a ride, send me a message. I do have flexibility during the week for a weekday ride if that works for anyone.

Dan
Welcome Dan.

There remain some events on Southeast 2016 Rally Calendar that you may be interested in.

http://www.klrforum.com/southeast-riders/48897-2016-klr-rally-calendar.html

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hello Jay,

I'm a new guy too. I'll actually be passing through Choo-Choo town this weekend but likely won't have time to stop. I also won't be on a bike. That is a long ride down 81 for me for a bike ride but, I do have family in Chattanooga (most in Atlanta). Just the same, it would be good to at least get a cup of coffee sometime and meet a fellow enthusiast. I've got lot's to learn about the KLR (haven't bought it just yet but will probably do that when I get back.

Bill

1 - 8 of 8 Posts