Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

joedaddy here, not to be confused with..........

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  KLRGunn 
#1 ·
I know my user name is similar to one of our moderators here, but it's what I'm known as in most circles. Got called that at work some 13 years ago and it stuck. Can't even remember why?? I am a Joe though, Joseph is my given name, my parents always called me Joey. Not sure folks I work with even know my real name. Anyway, here I am. I come from the "other" board, which I quite enjoyed, but oh well.
I've owned and rode bikes since I was 14, I just turned the big "40" recently, glad I made it. If I knew I'd had made it this long, I'd have take a little better care of myself :lol: (sorry, stole that from Waylon, but I always like it).
Anyway, own a KLR, '05 model, had it for about 4 months and I love it. Put close to 5k on it already. I've gotten to where I dread riding any pavement anymore, I've found I love the dirt/gravel roads, fortunately for me I'm only a few miles from endless trails.
My last bike before this one was a Honda VTX 1800, I love Hondas, but this Kaw has stole my heart. It's a third the size, but it's 3 times the fun.
By the way, Daddyjoe only lives about 70 miles from me, might have to go ride through the tunnel and see him sometime.
Nice to be here!! :wink:

#6 ·
Actually there is. When guys at work ask how my wife is doing, that's what they refer to her as. Which reminds me how this nickname came about. Many years ago when someone would call for someone else at work, I would say it was Joe on the phone for them and they would say Joe who? I, of course, would reply Joe Mamma, Joe Daddy, Joe Greasy Granny. We were all easily entertained then. I have to work a bit harder at it now. So, given that I was already a Joe, Joedaddy stuck on me. Our Senior Managing Director refers to me in this manner.

Iyaoyas, you ever on this end of the state, we'll hit a few of those trails. We have to cross over in the Commonwealth to get there, but that's my homeland.........

#8 ·
Well that didn't work. I uploaded to the album and then did what I thought would get it here, but as you can see in the above post, that's all I got? Any help??

Larry explained it to me, I'll have to go to photobucket or something, oh well, I'll figure it out sometime.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.