Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

guys we can help. please take the 30 minutes to watch this. get informed. please lets all do something. we can make a difference. and who knows? if it works lets do it to the injustices done to us by our own gov. our voice has been silent for too much for too long. with the age of mass communication here its time we speak up. through ways such as this.

re-post this everywhere you can think of.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Asked my brother who is missionary..." who is he?" tells me to ask by cousins husband who is missionary in Uganda . Well get to the bottom, and Scrapper---THANKS!

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
My daughter sent the link yesterday. She is involved with an organization at the university to bring awareness regarding human trafficking. I'm torn between jumping on the band wagon and leaving it alone. The Ugandan military (which the Kony 2012 org supports) has a history of committing the same crimes that Kony is accused of (rape, murder, disfiguring). Need to do more research before committing to one side or the other. Don't get me wrong, the man is a monster and needs to be stopped. He is only one piece of the puzzle. The corruption in their government needs to be dealt with also.

·
Registered
689 Posts
First of all, Scrapper, thank you for bringing this issue to this forum. This group of folks really does give a damn. Spec:thanks for your quick and helpful input. I called my cousin- her hubby still at work..is one of a few pastors at a large church outside Philly. My understanding is that the church either runs/supports/helps/oversees..?? A handful of orphanages in Northern Uganda. Anyway, when he e-mails me re:the guy,the video..I will pass along his thoughts as seems appropriate to this forum. Two of my children sent me this video on F.B. Yesterday. I promise to share with all interested the info. I am able to glean--not just from "pastor Doug Hayes" but from my state and federal reps As well..
:desismiley1:

Mark

"ALL THAT IS NECESSARY FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH(or prevail)IS THAT GOOD MEN DO NOTHING" ~Edmund Burke

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys. im not trying to get anyone involved with the groups on the vid, however this kony guy does need to be stopped. i believe the ugandan gov. is just as corrupt for letting him get away with it for so long. i knew that stuff was happening i just didn't know by who, that's the point of me posting the video, for everyone to get informed on whats going on and who's doing it.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Well,if you have watched any news, this video and what it shows has become a major headline on Fox,MSN and CNN. Chilling stuff--kinda reminds me of a former nice guy Uganda suffered under Edie Amean(spelled phonetically).:)
Scrapper>thanks for bringing it to my attention. Yesterday, CNN reported that President Obama sent U.S. Troops to "hunt for him". My cousin's husband, mentioned in a previous post, told me that he (KONY) has been in hiding for a few years, but that one of these orphanages' biggest expenses are now for numerous security measures. Whole thing once again reminds me of how blessed we are to live where we do. Huh?!:13:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts