Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
3,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so don't flame me for being unaware. Wife and I are thinking of heading out on the Goldwing to the USA and there is a possibility that we will still be there come July 4. So the question is what typically happens on July 4 in AnyTown , USA??? We've been in Kalispell the week before and did notice a fireworks tent on practically every corner so I suppose there's a lot of that. We're just wondering if it's something to stick around for. I imagine we'll be somewhere in Montana. Any place better than another for celebrations??

·
Registered
527 Posts
It all depends on the place you are at. I live in a large city and there are fireworks shows at various locations but not a lot of 4th celebration otherwise except store sales. I like visiting small towns because they seem to have more activities such as parades and usually have a fireworks show in the evening.

Enjoy the trip.

·
Premium Member
5,564 Posts
At least where I live, this is the norm on the 4th. It would have been me 20 years ago, but I've mellowed with age. I keep the dogs away now.......If you run into people like this and they hassle you, just remain calm and do what they ask: they'll eventually pass out and you can move on.

·
Premium Member
5,564 Posts
Funny. I think that may keep KLR4EVR from coming to the U.S. on the 4th!!
I would suggest KLR4EVR visit a large fireworks retailer on the morning of the 4th, even if you're not planning on buying anything. It's like People Of Walmart but they're all drunk at 8:00 in the morning. Take your camera. It's the closest real-life thing to Mos Eisley you're likely to find......

·
Registered
76 Posts
For most folks in Anytown, USA. The fourth of July is a time for family and friends to get together and have a few drinks and throw typical American grilling food on either the Weber charcoal grill or on a gas grill. Hot dogs and hamburgers are by far the most common fare. But there are a plethora of public events around the country on July 4th. Almost all of them center around food. BBQ contests and the like with a fireworks show after it gets dark enough outside.

·
Administrator
3,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I cross the border today. I'll watch out for the red necks. Don't know if we'll be there on the 4th for sure.

·
Premium Member
5,564 Posts
I cross the border today. I'll watch out for the red necks. Don't know if we'll be there on the 4th for sure.
You'll be all right. I was just messin' with 'ya. Bear in mind that you might run into some folks who think we gained our Independence from Canada, not England, or think Canada and England are the same country.....

bl4935 and TheSnowdenator both give more accurate accounts of The 4th Of July In America.

·
Registered
28 Posts
For most folks in Anytown, USA. The fourth of July is a time for family and friends to get together and have a few drinks and throw typical American grilling food on either the Weber charcoal grill or on a gas grill. Hot dogs and hamburgers are by far the most common fare. But there are a plethora of public events around the country on July 4th. Almost all of them center around food. BBQ contests and the like with a fireworks show after it gets dark enough outside.
Unless you work for Union Pacific :sign0161:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts