Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
while i haven't had to jump start my bike yet, i can't speak on how easy or hard it would be for connecting, but i bought one of these jumper packs for when i go off roading or camping. its a great jumper to have and works well. its nice that you don't have to string a long cable between vehicles and you're not risking another vehicle's electrical system if something goes wrong. also if you are in a tight spot where you can't get another bike/vehicle next to you, this really shines. the price on this website is pretty decent and the unit it good quality. i'm not trying to be a salesman, but i personally had good luck with the product and the website. there are a couple smaller ones that may fit better in a back pack, but the v-10 is not bad for size. it has a little weight to it, but its nice because it doesn't feel cheap. you may

you should have enough cable to remove the battery cover and slide the battery out enough to hook up the clamps and do the jump start. i'd say while not as convenient, it'd probably be the safer way since you wouldn't have to worry about overloading the battery tender cables. when jump starting, you're pulling a decent amount of amps and those cables are not really built for huge amp loads. i'd be cautious about hooking up larger cables directly to the battery as a DIY battery tender type thing because it could be bad if you ever have it short to the chassis.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts