Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody up for a tech day at my place (Bountiful) on June 13th?

:character00201::character00201:

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm in as far as I know. Go put this on the other forums. I sent a message to brandon but there are many others that we need to remind and I can't remember their user names. We should plan a big ride as well. Before it's 100 in July.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Possibly, I got a friend with a new used KLR that may be interested in a Doohickey replacement. Would that tech be doable?
I'd need your address again.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Utah tech day in June? Maybe July!

Anybody up for a tech day at my place (Bountiful) on June 13th?

:character00201::character00201:
Obviously this didn't happen, what with all the rain and all. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
SyCo

Please excuse my noobness but what goes on at a tech day?

Most tech days are set up with a few experienced mechanics on hand to assist those that want to learn to work on their bike, or want to get things fixed with someone watching over them to make sure all the parts wind up back on the bike.

Often there is a planned ride before or after.

Sin2R

what other forums?

Do a google search on KLR, there are several KLR related forums on line.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Cool, I hope I can arrange something thing like when it come to getting bits off when I don't have the right tools eg doo hickey springs. I have to do my fork seals too and getting the top nut off can be a major PITA. Would be handy to have an experienced pair of eyes on the job.
Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Cool, I hope I can arrange something thing like when it come to getting bits off when I don't have the right tools eg doo hickey springs. I have to do my fork seals too and getting the top nut off can be a major PITA. Would be handy to have an experienced pair of eyes on the job.
Thanks for the replies.
Loosen the upper pinch bolts on the tripleclamps before trying to remove the top of the fork.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Any updates?

Summer is here finally. Now would be a good time for a ride. My buddy and I road Mirror L ake Highway last friday. It's open and a great ride. We are thinking of takeing forest service roads from there to flameing gorge. We want to camp off the bikes. We are thinking 2 or 3 days exsploring that area. All are welcome, some time this month maybe third or fourth weekend.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Let me know when, I've never done an overnighter.....

·
Registered
7 Posts
We're thinking the weekend of the 18th and 19th. Drive up on the 18th (17th if I can get off work) set up camp and maybe an evening ride. Wake up explore a little and ride back.

-Destin

1 - 20 of 28 Posts