Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

Just showing off

4K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Hvymax 
#1 ·
2014 klr. I put about 10,000 miles on her and plenty of mods.
Upgrade list:

Performance:
Eagle Mfg Doohickey
Torsion spring
Thermo-bob bypass
Larger Radiator
K&N air filter
FMF Q4 slip on
Jetted (unknown brand)
Warp 9 oversized front brake rotor
Lithium ion battery

Traction/Ride Quality:
Motoz tires
Top Gun rear spring (6.6kg/mm)
Rox handlebar risers
Pro Taper high washougal bend handle bars
IMS Super Stock foot pegs

Body/Luggage:
IMS 5.5 gen 1 tank
Britannia composites lynx
Tusk Olympus panniers
Tusk rear luggage rack
Wolfman tail bag
Acerbis hand guards
Enduro Engineering aluminum skid plate
Garmin zumo xt

See less See more
#2 ·
Performance:
Eagle Mfg Doohickey
Torsion spring
Thermo-bob bypass
Larger Radiator
K&N air filter
FMF Q4 slip on
Jetted (unknown brand)
There is good reason that Eagle Mike does NOT sell the K&N air filters, but to each their own.
Keep it well oiled.

And I personally would reverse that front tire rotation to improve gravel road stability & reduce scalloping on asphalt.

Reactions: Hvymax
#3 ·
I actually forgot to change that in the post. I have a factory foam filter now just for the ease of maintenance and cleaning. Have you tried the motoz adventure tire reversed? I personally haven’t had any issues on the dirt with the front tire, but now I’m curious…

#10 ·
The oem Kawasaki radiator was about 800$, this eBay one was about 150$. The price was the only reason, though I didn’t think it would be massive compared to the oem. I mean the eBay one fit when I had the ims 10 gallon tank, but ever since I went to the gen 1 5.5 tank, it sticks out like a sore thumb and boy is it embarrassing haha

#11 ·
The radiator sure looks like it might fit better on the right side, but then You will have to move expansion tank to the left, custom brackets for the tank, custom hoses for the radiator, maybe even some electrical work to extend the wires...not worth it, maybe just custom steel tube bar around it to protect it, also on the left side to match it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.