Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone interested in a tech day at my place?
I need to do my valve, some maint. and what not that is about it for me. If anyone else has some items they want to tackle or just want to learn, come on buy. I have doohickey tools as well for the KLR owners.

I am gone the weekend of the 21st in Alabama, other than that I am pretty free. Sunday would be best for me, but toss out some dates and we will work something out.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tp_cracker said:
Guess you may need to do your brakes also. :lol:
**** them brakes. I am disgusted by them at this point. They work, but not like I would like

·
Registered
4 Posts
T-wrench

Hey Bones. Imagine meetin you here. I got a cheap azz inch-lb torque wrench. 120-960 inch lbs. That's 10-80 fl-lbs!! My regular wrench will almost do that. Would it be adequate? I could swing it by......Randy

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got slammed for work--every weekend for the rest of the month. and half of them for the rest of the year :evil:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: T-wrench

RanKLR said:
Hey Bones. Imagine meetin you here. I got a cheap azz inch-lb torque wrench. 120-960 inch lbs. That's 10-80 fl-lbs!! My regular wrench will almost do that. Would it be adequate? I could swing it by......Randy
Sure it should work. If you want to ride up and be a part of it, that'd be great.

FYI all, my address is

8738 N Troost Ave
KC, MO 64155

I imagine we will get started Sunday sometime before noon. LMK if that is a problem for anyone.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
tp_cracker said:
I say 6:00 am :lol: . Alright, sometime before noon will be ok for me.
I'll probably tear into mine Sat. night and get it all ready for the vlaves in the morning. Then get shims Tuesday when the dealer is open. That sucks, but at least it will be done.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Anyone else needing anything else done besides mine and JaySoy's valves?

If that's itm hell we can knock that out anytime. Jason, you got your tires mounted? Anyone need the steering bearings greased? Fork oil changed? Air check in the tires? :lol:

Might be drinking beer by 1:30 with this amount of "tech"

·
Registered
101 Posts
I will need to get those new tires on. I would have done it this weekend if I wasn't in town. My bike probably doesn't need anything else right now.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I probably could use some fork oil. But that will mean I will have to spend $$$. I'll see what I can do about that and get back to you later in the week. Maybe if its nice, we could go for a little ride, that is if you don't need any shims.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
tp_cracker said:
I probably could use some fork oil. But that will mean I will have to spend $$$. I'll see what I can do about that and get back to you later in the week. Maybe if its nice, we could go for a little ride, that is if you don't need any shims.
I will order an assortment tomorrow if they are not too much $$

I'd wait on the fork until next season Terry. You don't really need it right now and the end of the riding will quickly come to an end. I doubt I ride as far into December as I did last year. I was just trying to recoop some gas $$ from commuting to JoCo for 5 months in the truck.

You can replace your summer air to fall/winter blended air if you desire though :lol:

·
Registered
52 Posts
That 32psi spring/summer air I put in the forks just ain't doing it anymore. They are really spongey for some reason. Guess when I come to tech day I'll replace it with 28psi fall/winter air.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I can not get any shims in at the local dealers so no valve jobs will take place. Jason if you want to do your tires that is cool, but other than that, we have nothing technical to do. We can call if off as far as I am concerned???

BTW, how does the dealer check your valves at 500 miles if they do not have shims to make it right?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts