Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my first "longish" ride on my '09 KLR the other day, and realized the stock seat really sucks. I don't really want to spend the bucks for a Sergeant seat. Has anyone used the Kawasaki gel seat recovering kit? It's less than half the price of the Sergeant. I want to take some multi-day trips next year, and want to a lot more comfortable than on the stock seat. any other suggestions?

·
Lifetime Member
2,483 Posts
I took my first "longish" ride on my '09 KLR the other day, and realized the stock seat really sucks. I don't really want to spend the bucks for a Sergeant seat. Has anyone used the Kawasaki gel seat recovering kit? It's less than half the price of the Sergeant. I want to take some multi-day trips next year, and want to a lot more comfortable than on the stock seat. any other suggestions?
Yup, I've got one... I recently replaced it with a seat from Seatconcepts.com. I didn't find the Gel seat very comfy for trips over an hour. Plus the gel gets really hot in the sun... And I mean really hot! I put an Alaska Leathers sheepskin on it and it was a little better, but still uncomfortable on trips over an hour. I haven't had a chance to do any long trips with the Seat Concepts seat, but so far it seems way more comfy. Wasn't much more money than the gel seat either. Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Stew

1 - 2 of 2 Posts