Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a spare from a 2002 model with 2K miles on it that I had tried to sell locally but best offer was only $150 for a complete motor less carb. Not that I think I'll ever need it but will hang onto it unless I can get a lot more.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lotsa luck klr650 4 sale

Hello lotsa luck,
will the 2002 fit on teh 05 frame?
What is the least you will take for the motor ?
thanks,
Glenn

·
Registered
15 Posts
While I am fairly new to KLR's from everything I know of them they are all the same up until the 08's. The wrecked bike came with my 2000 and was purchased as a parts bike (I have salvage title for it also) for it.
I'm thinking it's worth $800.00 but since I'm in Phoenix shipping may make it too high for you alone. Where are you and does anyone else reading think my price is too high?

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Where are you at? Best to buy locally since shipping could be expensive.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
motor- shipping

While I am fairly new to KLR's from everything I know of them they are all the same up until the 08's. The wrecked bike came with my 2000 and was purchased as a parts bike (I have salvage title for it also) for it.
I'm thinking it's worth $800.00 but since I'm in Phoenix shipping may make it too high for you alone. Where are you and does anyone else reading think my price is too high?
Can you weigh the motor and call fed ex to price the shipping cost based on the amount of lbs. Ask for the cheapest way to ship. Also, if you ship it inside of a small wooden crate that fits tight around the motor, add the weight of the crate. Probably 25 lbs. is what a crate that size would weigh.
( best guess ). We could discuss price after we know the shipping cost.
Thanks,
Glenn.

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
The last large item I shipped was with DHL. It was a brush guard for a Tundra. DHL suggested I ship it uncrated and bolted to a wooden pallet. DHL will pick it up at your home without you being there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts