Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I was in a hardware store a couple days ago and walked done the aisle with lawn mowers. I couldn't help but noticed the Honda mowers, which must be made of gold for the asking price I might add. I couldn't help but think "What would a Kawasaki lawn mower look like? What would they call it? Would it have some sort of Ninja name involved?" How cool would it look? Body panels like a Ninja motorcycle I wonder?

New for 2021 the Kawasaki XZ21LE Ninja (21") 200cc Shaft Drive Self-Propelled Lawn Mower. How cool would that be in Kawasaki Green?

I own a 2015 Toro Super Recycler (22") 159cc Personal Pace Lawn Mower I really love. I don't see me trading it in anytime soon unless, however, Kawasaki were to come up with something cool like a Ninja Mower 馃槃.

Registered
I don't know that they've ever made the entire machine, but Kawasaki has been making engines for mowers and such for years. Sadly, they're not as exciting and flashy as you'd want them to be. IIRC, they're made (assembled?) in Nebraska.

For example: Random mower w a Kawak engine

Registered
Honda mowers aren't made of gold but they are worth what they ask for them.
My 22 year old Honda starts first pull every time. And that is priceless!

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know that they've ever made the entire machine, but Kawasaki has been making engines for mowers and such for years. Sadly, they're not as exciting and flashy as you'd want them to be. IIRC, they're made (assembled?) in Nebraska.

For example: Random mower w a Kawak engine
Yep, I also own a 2012 John Deere X320 and a 2015 John Deere X310 both riding mowers. They both have Kawasaki engines and both work fantastic. It still would be cool to see what, and I guess I should have clarified this, a "walk behind" mower from Kawasaki would look like.
Honda mowers aren't made of gold but they are worth what they ask for them.
My 22 year old Honda starts first pull every time. And that is priceless!
I was in no way criticizing the net worth of a Honda walk behind mower. I for one plan on purchasing a Honda HSS928A 9HP Track Drive 28" snow blower before winter. I've always wanted one and I'm gonna get one. I know the intrinsic value of a well made machine and Hondas are one of those machines. So, you'll have to forgive me if I offended you regarding your Honda mower. My first motorcycle, as a boy, was a CT Trail 70. I just purchased a 1989 Honda XL600V Transalp. I know what Honda can do. I have a Cub Cadet garden rototiller that is Honda powered and is awesome. One of the world's best MotoGP motorcycle road racers driven by the Spanish rider Marc Marquez is the Repsol Honda RC213V. There are faaaaar more representations of Hondas greatness then I could eeeeeever reference so let's leave it at that.

I still would like to see what Kawasaki would come up with for a walk behind mower.

Registered
My Husqvarna rider has a 22 HP Kawasaki twin, my dads new Cub Cadet Zero turn has a Kawasaki twin as well.

Reactions: KBear

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
In 2013 Husqvarna's motorcycle division was purchased from Pierer Industrie AG and is now owned by the KTM Group. What would a KTM walk behind mower look like? 馃榿

Registered
My Husqvarna (701) Has a KTM engine in it, and holy crap it's fast, but I like my White Husqvarna way more than I like my Orange Husqvarna.

Registered
Kawasaki Heavy Industries is huge.

Many of their small engines are used in lawn and grounds care equipment and are considered to be a step up from Briggs and Stratton or Kohler.

Interestingly, you can't go to a Kawasaki motorcycle dealership and get Kawasaki small engine parts!

Administrator
This is my lawnmower:

At least it is green.

This is what I look like when mowing with it:

It's sad. Really. A guy should have at least one Briggs & Stratton in his life.

Registered
This is my lawnmower:
At least it is green.
It's sad. Really. A guy should have at least one Briggs & Stratton in his life.
I have had an Ego mower for quite a few years, change the blades, clean the deck, fold it up and hide it in the corner, I love it

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
At least it is green.
LawnBoy's are green still. I always thought LawnBoy walk behinds were really cool lookin' with their fat (wide) wheels.

Premium Member
I remember my first Lawn Boy: lightweight frame/chassis/whatever you call it (aluminum perhaps or some kind of very light cast metal?), the white plastic shroud over the engine, primer bulb. It was quite a departure from the primitive cast iron beasts I had previously pushed around. For me, it was a much-appreciated design.

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
I'm sure the deck was, and is for all I know, made of aluminum. One of the reasons the LawnBoy sticks out in my mind is my Uncle owned and operated a small engine/lawnmower/chain saw repair business lots of years ago and he had nothing but praise for the LawnBoy. He used to talk about how well made they were compared to other models he would get into his shop. If I remember correctly he did mention something about the light weight deck LawnBoy used. I never owned one so I'm uneducated on how well engineered they were/are. I just remember walking through Home Depot and seeing LawnBoy mowers on display and how cool I thought those wide tire design looked on a lawn mower. Just made them look different than all other mowers on the market.

Up until about 5 years ago I've only had Murray mowers. I had one that lasted for roughly 25 years (bought it from Walmart). In 2015 I purchased my current Toro and love every minute of that mower (22" Self Pace self-propelled, push button electric start, mulching mower).

Premium Member
If I recall correctly, LawnBoy mowers were a division of Outboard Marine Corporation (OMC) which owned the Evinrude & Johnson brand boat motors. OMC also owned Cushman at some point.

Administrator
I mowed a quarter acre with this thing:

I loved that thing so much that I insisted on taking it along when mom, dad, and I went on a picnic.

Reactions: planalp

Registered
Ditto comments on Honda yard equipment. One pull start. I also had a tracked Honda snow blower that earned its keep almost every winter. I don鈥檛 need one where I live now, but if I ever do again, it will be Honda.

I got so frustrated with B&G powered lawn mowers that I finally gave them the heave-ho and bought a battery lawn mower from Lowe鈥檚. Zero maintenance and it never fails to start.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts