Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like many of you, I have a bike for most any situation!!
My latest is a KDX200.
I would like to find a forum like this great one that is for the KDX.
Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Back in the day, there used to be a ton of guys that rode them and posted on Dirtrider.net..
I sold my 1999 KDX200 serveral years ago, in order to by my KLR, but I've got tons of usless (to me) information stuck in my head from the 5 or so years I had the bike..
If you've got any questions, fire away..

They're a bullet proof bike, for a 2 stroke overbored 125 engine.. They also can be made to pump out very good controllable power..

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Mine wasn't street legal, but the state of IL was kind enough to mail me a title and plate.. I rode it on a couple dual sport rides, and several enduros, but every time I was riding down the road I was concerned.. 2 stroke, no brake light/turn signals/horn, etc.. I did add a mirror, but that was so I could tell when some pro rider was wanting me the hell out of the way in single track woods.

·
Registered
815 Posts
The KDX200 is a powerful little sucker. It's my first real dirt bike and it was a quite interesting getting used to the power it has. When the KIPS, or whatever it is, kicks in the bike rips pretty good. At first I never intended to get all that crazy or whatever in the woods, just wanted a good trail bike and the KDX200 got stellar reviews from everyone for this purpose. It also got great reliability reviews and everything else. At first, the bike was great, but as I got better it's shortcomings started to show up. The major shortcoming is ergonomics. It's made for a much smaller rider and I'm 6'1 which keeps me a bit cramped and hard to stand up in the rough stuff. The foot break is located oddly as well. I can't comfortable use it while standing and still hard to use while sitting. None of this matters much when cruising along on trail rides, but start trying to rip it up and every nuance is magnified greatly. It's not even running right now. I took it out end of summer 07 and had a shitty day of wipe outs, came home parked it and haven't messed with it again since. I much prefer taking the KLR off road now. The KDX taught me a lot that I was able to transfer to the KLR and made my off road riding far better. I can rip it up pretty good on the ol KLR now which makes the KDX that much less likely to get used.

Anyway.. this is the best site on the internet for KDX info....

http://www.dirtrider.net/justkdx/index.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts