Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heaven forbid a guy ask a question about center stand vendors...
I found a pic of a center stand i liked, posted the pic, and asked who made it. A few guys were kind enough to reply, but i found 3 vendors with the same looking stand. So, i (young readers eyes need not proceed...)
MADE A LIST OF THE 3 VENDORS
to ask and verify that the same stand was offered by them (1st mistake). The censor gods disapproved, so i had to use asterisks in the names so i could simply ask my question (2nd mistake). A guy or 2 verified the vendors, and even had the gall to tell me that they have had good luck with the stand.
Armed with this forbidden information, i had the nerve to
POST A WTB ADD IN THE CLASSIFIEDS
for a used center stand (3rd mistake). I even went so far as to post the manufacturers name in the post so guys would actually know which stand i was hunting for.
For this miscreant behavior, i have been banned from the .net for a week.
I understand this tough love, but i think its time for me to spread my wings and fly... i must diversify to other forums.
Im trying to be a better person and not ask such instigating questions, but i need help. Are there any 'bad' terms (such as vendors or websites) that simply cannot be tolerated on this site?
Sorry for the saga, but getting banned from a site for asking questions directly related to the content of said site has me pretty ticked.
Thanks!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Not sure on the vendors but in general over here most is tolerated as long a it is handled respectfully. I'm sure a mod will pick up and lay out any absolute no no's soon. The NET seems to be a bunch of very insecure individuals who like to throw their weight around. I left there after two days of listening to guys complain and then seeing someone else complain about something a mod didn't agree with get deleted. There's none of that here. I think Paper said it best: " this forum is like sitting around a campfire shooting the bull and sharing knowledge." welcome to the sane side of the KLR world.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
71 Posts
I say WELCOME!

I perused the other forums once I decided on a KLR and found this one the friendliest and lacking in childish behavior. I'm new to motorcycling and although I can search for info pretty good on my own, I wasn't looking for idiots coming out of the woodwork to bash me when I ask a stupid (to them) question from time to time. My instincts were correct as I have found everyone here to be friendly and informative.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Heaven forbid a guy ask a question about center stand vendors...
:banhim:

Kidding, of course.. Ask those questions here, and someone's going to give you an answer, and hopefully a list of vendors, and even better, who's got it on sale!!!:30:

Welcome.. Rules are, don't post smut, keep swearing to a minimum, and we like photos!!

The issue with photos is that you can't post any until you get 15 posts due to past spammers.

Welcome, have fun, and enjoy..

Oh, and we don't charge for you to be a member here, either..:animal0009:

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
but i think its time for me to spread my wings and fly...
Thanks!
Welcome to the forum! I don't think anybody has ever expressed this feeling of wanting to spread one's wings and fly with more vocal talent and raw emotion than the great Bobby Goldsboro.

If you're feeling down about getting kicked off .net, just listen to Bobby.

Another thing you don't have to endure over here is sophomoric humor.....

·
Registered
62 Posts
As many times as I've seen this topic show up, and I haven't been a member very long, the irritating little kid in me wants to join the .net just to see if I could get booted.

That's not the right thing to do, I know, but I just can't help but think it.

I'm sure glad I joined this group first. lol

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
576 Posts
I don't know what they put in the water at the .net site.

You can post any product you want here. It is kind of annoying when you arn't allowed to. I've posted at a few fourms where I've just accepted that rule, but I wouldn't be okay with that here (I like cheap aftermarket parts).

Look at the sponsors every now and again, because, well they are the sponsors. No sponsors = no website.

You'll find that just about anything goes because everyone here just kinda "Moderates" themselves. I've seen no trolling in my time here.

Enjoy the stay. :)

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
You have escaped the dark side. Welcome to the forum where sanity rules. (sort of) :character00271:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Id post the link to my terrible post so you all could judge me lol, but- oh yeah... i cant access the site.
I can understand if i was bashing supporting vendors, but just for mentioning vendors to try to hunt down a particular klr aftermarket part? I dunno...
Ive actually had good luck on the .net until this incident.
The unforgivable menace that got me booted?
TPI center stand.

·
Registered
5,547 Posts
SRTeric, please check your PM's, for a mild analysis of the situation and circumstance at .net.

One day, I'll tell you what I REALLY think!

BTW; any kin to SOTeric?

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
You'll find that just about anything goes because everyone here just kinda "Moderates" themselves. I've seen no trolling in my time here.

Enjoy the stay. :)
Exactly.. We're adults and we all know right from wrong.. Be polite and treat each other like you're talking to them over a campfire..:)

We moderators don't do much except hammer spammers..:50: It's the way it should be.. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SRTeric, please check your PM's, for a mild analysis of the situation and circumstance at .net.

One day, I'll tell you what I REALLY think!

BTW; any kin to SOTeric?
lol gotcha.
Nah, no kin that im aware of. My SRT is from the Dodge SRT badging, nothin more.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Exactly.. We're adults and we all know right from wrong.. Be polite and treat each other like you're talking to them over a campfire..:)

We moderators don't do much except hammer spammers..:50: It's the way it should be.. :)
Shit, we're adults now? :character00271:

·
Registered
576 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Welcome. Trust me I know exactly what you are talking about.

RKLR
I too have been banned twice from the other site. Believe it or not once for trying to help another member find good aftermarket parts at none other than TPI. The other time I dissagreed with a moderator that was discouraging a new member from adding aftermarket parts to there bike including better brakes, handgaurds skid plate and other parts that would help with safety and protection. After he suggested that it would be fine to ride home several hundred miles without a front brake lever, well it got nasty as safety is very important to me and to tell a new rider that a front brake is not needed while riding home in traffic??? And this guy is a mod on a motorcycle forum, wow no respect at all for Glenn as I was banned for calling this mod out on this?
I really think that his mods and some of the vendors have pics of Glenn in, well, bad positions with animals or something...

·
Registered
576 Posts
After he suggested that it would be fine to ride home several hundred miles without a front brake lever, well it got nasty as safety is very important to me and to tell a new rider that a front brake is not needed while riding home in traffic???
...? what?

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Glenn's got a nice system going.. A very busy website where the posters are afraid to post something wrong with every post..

I was just reading through some and guys are ***** footing around with making posts, admitting that they're afraid of upsetting Glenn or a moderator, yet they go back again and again and again..

No, we're not as busy as .net... Maybe if we treated the people who actually use the forum like shit, we'd be busy, too??

Naw.. I'd rather be less busy and have great users who aren't afraid to make a post here..

1 - 20 of 32 Posts