Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
So, just wondering if any of you desert folks have used any of the Klim gear and what your thoughts are for it in the heat.

Klim is high quality off-road gear. i wouldn't pay the premium price for it afterall I bought a KLR! It's off-road gear so I wouldn't wear it on the street.

Off-road apparel is designed for impact protection. Street apparel is designed for abrassion protection primarilly.

i wrote up a post about riding in the desert heat (on the road) here

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Road heat doesn't bother me. Grew up in 29 Palms and have lived here (Phoenix valley) for about 15 years. Rarely even use AC when I'm driving.
But my road gear gets a bit......damp....when I'm trailing.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Road heat doesn't bother me. Grew up in 29 Palms and have lived here (Phoenix valley) for about 15 years. Rarely even use AC when I'm driving.
But my road gear gets a bit......damp....when I'm trailing.

Get mesh road gear. New Enough has good deals sometimes.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've tried my mesh road gear offroad. It's what usually ends up a bit damp. Was looking for something a bit more light weight and that would allow me to move a bit easier, but still offer protection.
I'll keep shopping. I have all winter to sort it out.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Pressure suits probably offer the most comfort and protection for your upper body while offroading and road riding in the heat. I have a 661 pressure suit that I wear for every day riding during the summer months. I havn't found much for pants the offer good knee and hip protection while still allowing good air flow at modest offroad speeds. My mesh overpants are fine in mild weather for offroading but just too hot when the temps are 90+.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah. I was looking at those.
I think I have some old motocross knee and chin pads laying around. I guess worse comes to worse, I could wear those and just some basic moto x style pants. IIRC, they breath pretty well.
Thanks,
Bart

1 - 7 of 7 Posts