Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, very happy with my Gen 1 KLR650, but sometimes want something a bit leaner for the trail. Looking at a couple of KLR250s, one is a 2003 w/less than 3K on the clock, and the other is a 2005 with 8K on the clock. My 650 has 34K so I'm not even sure if mileage matters. The 05 is a little cheaper, both under $2K. Condition appears to be similar, but I haven't seen them in person yet. Would appreciate any comments regarding mileage vs age as well as any other checkpoints when inspecting. Thanks!

·
Registered
5,549 Posts
Bullet-proof, last forever!

Fear not the mileage.

Low maintenance.

If you can live with a kickstart-only bike, this is probably the most under-rated dual-sport motorcycle in history.

'03; 12,000 miles; Cyclerack; Cyclerack pannier set and top case; auxiliary 1.25-gallon Pioneer fuel container; relocated tool bag to front fork; Utah Sport Cycle bash plate; 1.5" Eagle Mike handlebar risers; 'way cool headlight stone guard; Tusk handguards; don't know what-all else I may have forgotten; running Kenda Trackmaster II tires now; 14-tooth countersprocket; clocks 80 mph (professional rider, closed course, do not try this at home).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts