Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I have my KLR my wife wants to learn to ride so we don't have to 2up. :28: I have been looking for a starter bike for her, something she can put both feet down flat to make her more comfortable while she is learning. Has anyone had experience with both the 250 and the 650? She is 5'7" and long legged, when she sits on my 08 650 she barely tiptoes on both sides. Some specs I found on the net list seat height as 33.5 for the 250 and 35 for the 650. Is this accurate? Any info would be appreciated, or reccomendations for other dual sports that would fit her for a cheap starter bike.

·
Registered
704 Posts
What preload do you have on the 08 shock? The pl on my 05 was set at 1 when I got it and moving it to 2 or 3 seemed to increase seat height. It might be that with a pl of 1 and lowering links she could manage a 650.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Yes I hadn't though of that, Thanks for the input.
I know of a couple SS's in northern CA and MarkB has an '05 KLR 250 for sale. I can find you a link on the SS's if you want. The guy isn't having any luck selling them here because they were never registered in CA, would be no problem in OR, but here you never can tell.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know of a couple SS's in northern CA and MarkB has an '05 KLR 250 for sale. I can find you a link on the SS's if you want. The guy isn't having any luck selling them here because they were never registered in CA, would be no problem in OR, but here you never can tell.
Sure the link would be appreciated.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts