Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughter is interested in a 1995 KLR 250 that is for sale locally. I am going with her to have a look. Are there any issues I should be aware of? Opinions on how this bike runs and can she use it for a good adventure touring bike?

·
Registered
5,566 Posts
If your daughter gets past the "kick-start only" feature, FEAR NOT!

The 250's are as durable and reliable as the 650's in my experience (10,000 miles on a 2003 model).

Only slight changes over the years (e.g., oil capacity, etc.). No doohickey! :)

I have cycleracks on both my 250 and my 650; Cycleracks pannier set and top case; luggage interchanges seamlessly between bikes. Full adventure loading capacity on either bike.

Recommend Utah Sport Cycle bash plate (if off-roading is contemplated), ears protect water pump and plumbing. Tee mod essential (as with Generation 1 KLR650s) if serious water crossings are in your future. Tusk handguards, Ken Sean folding mirrors, and I consider my bike rather trail-survivable.

Checking out a used KLR250 isn't fundamentally different from any other model, AFAIK; no known systemic vices.

A most under-rated dual-sport, IMHO.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Yeah, I've never heard of any issues. I wish I had one. To keep the KLR company. Yeah, that's why. :elated:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts