Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

Klr 650 2008 carb help

5K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Maxx 
#1 ·
Hi guys I noticed my diaphragm valve on my carb went bad. anyways I went to price one out and there way overpriced does anyone know if there is aftermarket ones available that I cant find?thanks

#4 ·
Kawasaki calls it a "DIAPHRAGM,VALVE"
The Kawasaki Part Number is: 43028-1062
It's the same on all KLR 650's from 1984 through at least 2015

Partzilla wants $123.11, the best price on eBay that I could find for this Part Number is: $169.72. Many other sources fall in between these two if I search with Google.

I'm pretty sure that the same part for a carbureted 2003 Harley-Davidson Low Rider would work. But I don't have the Harley Part Number for that. I'd guess someone else may be able to help out with this, or maybe some other application that uses/used this carburetor.

Also, you can find complete carburetors for a KLR650 on eBay for right around $100 if you have a bit of patience.

#12 ·
I just bought one of those from Ebay a couple of weeks ago. I paid less than 50.00 for the whole assembly. It was exactly like the OEM I pulled from 2011 model.

I am chasing a problem on my bike, in fact, I bought a complete carb from a 2014 on Ebay for about 175.00. It looks like new.

Good luck with your repair!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.