Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am new on this forum. I didn't so far found the info I am looking for so I would need a little bit of help.

I recently bought a KLR 650 model C, 2002. I am currently looking to purchase crash bars and saw that lots of them are sold for the model A, however, I am wondering owners of model C, if you would have a brand to recommend as I am not sure if the model A can fit as is on the model C without any modifications or fiddling... ;(

Also, no windshields are sold for the model A I have seen none so far for model C. I saw on the internet one owner having adjusted one for the model C, however, I couldn't reach him as email no longer valid... but it seems feasible...

Any recommendations for me.

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
Anyone has a KLR C on this forum that could discuss any modifications made on their bike?
Not I, but . . . a modest proposal:

CONTACT (e.g., by telephone or e-mail) HAPPY TRAILS, and . . . ask them about application of their product.

Ask whether the Model A nerfs fit a Model C; and . . . if not, have they a product suitable for the application?

(I mention Happy Trails; other nerf manufacturers might provide similar information).

If you go Happy Trails, insert the upper left nerf bolt through from the RIGHT side of the frame; then, you need only remove one 10 mm nut to swing out the nerf and open the radiator cap (don't have to remove the bolt).

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
I just Googled " Kawasaki KLR 650-C" and got a bunch of hits. Definitely a different model from the A. No tach,different light, smaller tank different seat and rear rack as well as 41mm forks and dual piston front brakes.
Best to contact suppliers re availability and fitment of aftermarket parts.
Regards....justjeff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts