That's not how this works.

That's not how any of this works.

Tom

·
Registered
5,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No?

I thought, not unlike the faux BMW roundels (actually, "KLR" in a similar font) one sometimes sees; an effort at humor.

If the, "KLR 650 GS" image appears inappropriate, by all means delete.

No offense intended, and--no financial interest in Twisted Throttle or ADVMoto.

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
KLR 650 GS, seen at an ADVMoto Rally:

I feel sorry for that poor KLR650 to be tarnished with that blasphemous BMW badging. Whoever posted this image should be ashamed.:banhim::banhim::banhim: Furthermore the message implied that all KLR riders are DINOSAURS is extremely offensive and derogatory.:tapfoot:
JJ

·
Administrator
8,256 Posts
No?...If the, "KLR 650 GS" image appears inappropriate, by all means delete...
No, it's not inappropriate, it's just that TT seems hell-bent to put $8,000 worth of yellow stuff on a $5,000 bike and then they roundel up an evocative moniker to slap on it.

They've made it a tarted-up platform for their wares, much like the real GS has become, largely, a platform for wares.

And whilst on about all that, they've done it garishly, too.

As Jeff points out, there's the subliminal insult with the dinosaur. Perhaps we're all subtly being made fun of by the real poseurs for being cheapskates who won't buy a proper wares platform and cough up the cash for garish yellow things.

This onslaught of micro-inequities is driving me to either seek counseling or self-medicate.

Tom

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
The other insult I see in the TT bike is the message that the KLR is just an imitation of the "real" BMW GS. I don't feel the KLR is an inferior bike. I believe it is equal to the BMW products especially in durability and reliability. Maybe even superior. It is the same feeling I have about the Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad I own verses a Harley Davidson product. Though they look similar the Vulcan is the superior product in my opinion. As to YOU Damaclese....I think your post is fine I am just gooning you, it is TT who should rethink the image they are presenting.
JJ

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
It all looks like good clean fun to me.
I do have two comments. That lizard needs a better helmet and I am not a big fan of yellow skid plates.

·
Premium Member
2,903 Posts
. I believe it is equal to the BMW products especially in durability and reliability. Maybe even superior.
JJ
I also believe the KLR is at least equal to a BMW 650/700/800 in terms of durability and reliability, but the KLR is unmatched in simplicity and parts availability......THIS is why I ride KLR's; it's unmatched in the segment in these areas and nobody can change that unless they make a new bike that is the best selling dual sport for the next 30 years!

As far as the post goes, I took it as an attempt at humor; the bike does nothing for me, nor does the visual attempt to compare it to a BMW. ......think I'm going to paint mine orange and add EXC stickers! LOL

If I wanted a BMW, I'd buy one.

Dave

·
Administrator
8,256 Posts
Reactions: 650Stew
1 - 12 of 12 Posts