Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure how I missed gettin in this part earlier. Anyway, about my baby:

I had started thinkin about a KLR and upon doin some research I came upon a picture of the new blk/slvr color scheme for '07. When I called our dealer and they said they had a couple I rushed down and "fell in lust!"

Now lucky for me someone had ordered in a bunch of parts and then didn't want them so the dealer gave me a deal on them and installed them for FREE! That included a Big Gun Evo X full exhaust with ceramic coated header pipe, K&N filter, Dynojet Jet Kit, and Skid Plate. I also had them put on a set of alloy Moose bars and heated grips.

And since then I've put on some Lockhart Phillips turn signals up front and flushmounts in the rear.
Added an old BMW rubber fender flap extension to the front fender to keep the engine a little cleaner and a rubber flap to the rear to add some protection for the shock.
Cut out the inner lower rear fender and mounted the license plate directly to the rear fender below the tail light.
Replaced the stock mirrors with some Dual Star bar mounts.
And I put on a 16 tooth countershaft sprocket which I really really enjoy!

I also took off the kick stand cut-out switch, wire, and cable along with the clutch safety too. And yes, I'll be doing the "doo" soon. I'm also sure there's more to come....

Take care. Have fun. Mark H.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Tumbleweed. You got a good eye to spot the uncovered pipe. Well it's not normally a problem in that I usually wear pants that are tucked into my boots. BUT, I used some rain pants the other day that didn't have any velcro at the bottom and sure enough they flopped over onto the pipe and buned some. And left a mark on the pipe. Oops. MH

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have the same Big Gun exhaust system>>

The complete exhaust (minus the muffler) is ceramic coated. That pipe actualy runs cooler than the stock pipe. There is no need for any heat shield IMO.
-Erik

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, it's winter up here now and I put on some Kenda Track Masters a friend studded up. I took these photos today. I have a couple hundred miles on them now. Seem to be working out pretty well.

I'm managing to keep pretty warm except for my toes. I think I may have to start using those disposable toe warmers. Oh well, just another beautiful day in the far north frozen paradise. See ya, Mark H.

·
Registered
40 Posts
YEEEEHAAAAAA!!!!!
Don't think we'll be gettin tired of your photos anytime soon!
Ride on KLR AK StudMan, nice bike! :razz:
Rod :cool:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I do to have turn signals! ;) They're just shorter dark ones in the front and flush mounts in the rear. Both made by Lockhart Phillips (cheap!)

Had another GREAT ride today with a couple other KLR's, including one with a custom made side hack, and a Wee Strom. The Wee Strom's owner is a professional photog and posts over on ADVRider as AKPhotog. I'm AKDuc over there and here's a link to the thread of today's ride. Enjoy: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181147

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey !
Thats Sleeping Lady in the background. Where was that taken? O'Malley? Huffman Road ? Arctic Valley ? Rabbit Creek ? Come on ! I'm from Ak and Just gotta Know! Nice Ride Mark.
Rodney

1 - 13 of 13 Posts