Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I was on my way home just a little while ago, got off work early, gorgeous in the city. Decided to stop at the scenic overlook on the northern side of the golden gate bridge. Never seen the view from there. I like the view from the headlands where there aren't a million tourists, but I was in a hurry (taking Frankie to the pumpkin patch). So, I pulled into a spot, bike running, face shield down. I'm watching this russian guy and his gf (who was wearing the smallest dress I've ever seen in public). He was making her do all these poses...hands in hair...pouty...pretty funny. She was cute and looked embarassed. Next thing I know something grabs my left leg. I look down and there is a two year old latino boy hugging my boot/leg. Huh? Look left and his older sister is back playing with the turn signal (thank god they weren't on the exhaust side...jesus). Huh?!?! Turn to look in front of me and there are two older latino guys. One is videotaping me. One asks if he can take a picture. I nod and turn off the bike. Mom comes and poses the kids. They take a few pics and leave.

So, with one of the most spectacular views in the world behind them, they got some quality pictures of an anonymous dude in leather on an anonymous (decals gone) KLR. :11a:

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have found the KLR is like an ugly puppy - folks can't help but like it!
A few of us did lunch at the local Hooters last year - one asked the waitress if she'd pose for a pic with his bike. In a minute, we had SIX foxy young ladies posing on our KLRs! And one gal was FLATFOOTING a KLR - she had legs that 'went all the way up'! :)

Another time I am at WallyMart shopping - I had the mighty KLR in camo paint at that time (she's back in her red dress now) and this little boy walking by says, "Daddy, that's a Army bike!" :character00268:
At another lunch run at a family restaurant, I parked beside a bright red sportybike. Came out, and these two young boys were oohing and ahhing over...... the KLR! Haha! They flat ignored that crotchrocket! One kid gives me the thumbsup, and says, "I really like your bike!"

Makes me feel good - who the heck needs chrome anyways.......

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'm watching this russian guy and his gf (who was wearing the smallest dress I've ever seen in public). He was making her do all these poses...hands in hair...pouty...pretty funny. She was cute and looked embarassed.

So, with one of the most spectacular views in the world behind them, they got some quality pictures of an anonymous dude in leather on an anonymous (decals gone) KLR. :11a:
...and I imagine the view of the GG Bridge was pretty good, too... :28:

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have found the KLR is like an ugly puppy - folks can't help but like it!
A few of us did lunch at the local Hooters last year - one asked the waitress if she'd pose for a pic with his bike. In a minute, we had SIX foxy young ladies posing on our KLRs! And one gal was FLATFOOTING a KLR - she had legs that 'went all the way up'! :)

Another time I am at WallyMart shopping - I had the mighty KLR in camo paint at that time (she's back in her red dress now) and this little boy walking by says, "Daddy, that's a Army bike!" :character00268:
At another lunch run at a family restaurant, I parked beside a bright red sportybike. Came out, and these two young boys were oohing and ahhing over...... the KLR! Haha! They flat ignored that crotchrocket! One kid gives me the thumbsup, and says, "I really like your bike!"

Makes me feel good - who the heck needs chrome anyways.......
I think the young kids see them jumping and doing flips and stuff on TV and when they see a similar looking bike they think you can do that too. The only time mine has left the ground was when it was laying on its side...:)

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think the young kids see them jumping and doing flips and stuff on TV and when they see a similar looking bike they think you can do that too. The only time mine has left the ground was when it was laying on its side...:)
Yup. I agree. I get a lot of shouted, "Do a wheelie!" action.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts