Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
maybe gonna get a KLR 650, any idea how long the lower end [crank] will last, 15000? 30000? not uncommon to see these with 18k miles for sale, just wonderin, , comments on top end life also helpfull,,,,any year,,,,thanks,,,,,,,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow, thanks, had no idea, 1 lungers always scared me because they got no help from other cylinders, passed on a 06 with 10k last night, but now have less fear , thanksagain,,,,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
very impressive, i had been considerin the honda 650L or 650 KLR, both got great feedback, but like the KLR clingon stuff, like rac in the bac, mostly want to be able to run a few hundred a day on I70 thru rockys with reliability, then just go offroad like shafer trail in moab, or any where else in the SW, like mojave desert, my 59 stock panhead has been super reliable for the last 20 trips outwest from NY,[trailered it to colorado,] but leary of takin it over mosquito pass [telluride] so a dual purpose is in store, as long as were on the subject, do u no if the lower end is roller bearing on the rods on KLR, or flat bearin inserts like a car, harleys always been roller, and have very good life also, thank u 4 ur time, im convinced,,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts