Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all my name is Mike. I'm from Dayton, OH and just picked up a black 09. So far I love it. I'm leaving the sport bike world and getting in to the dual sport world. It's a big change, but I can tell you this, it's a hell of a lot more comfortable lol. I grew up riding ATV's, dirt bikes, and enduro's, and I'm looking forward to getting back on the dirt again. I don't know anybody with a dual sport bike around here so if there is anybody around this area that wants to ride let me know!

I have had it for a little over a week now. I was lucky enough to find a very nice one that already had most of the mods done that I wanted. It has a taller/tinted wind shield, center stand, crash bars, bags, after market seat, and a couple other things. The first thing I did was peel the green decals off. The original tires are still on it and are shot. I'm expecting my new Shinko 705's to be here today. The stock battery also is shot so I got a new sealed Deka on it's way. The only other things I might do for now will be a tank bag and a GPS mount. Might do some other mods over the winter. This is a cool site. I have been lurking for about a week now. This is where I found the recommendations for the Shinko's and the Deka battery. I guess I will post pics after I get 15 posts....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts