Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all , coming to you live and in living color from Panama Central America. Just found you forum today. We are from Arizona ,but have lived the past 7 years here in Panama. Here in the rain forest the riding is great, but can be very wet part of the year. Just riding on some of the old trails you may find yourself deep in the forest in a small Indian village. It is a little scary when the men in the village have there teeth filed to a point like a dog. Some still use a bow and arrows to hunt for there food. But so far have never had any trouble with them. KLR is the only way to go here when the rivers rise and you get 6 inches of rain in two hours. My best to all of you. slider............

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
Glad to have you, Slider!

Had lots of fun in Panama, but only at both ends of the Canal, back when the waterway belonged (sort of) to the US.

Your motorcycle riding opportunities sound exciting. Maybe you'll be first to cross the Darien on a KLR! (I jest, but it's been done with a BMW and a Rokon.)

Welcome!

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Welcome, slider. I would love to ride my KLR in Panama. I was there for awhile back in the late '80's and was fortunate enough to travel around to some remote areas to go fishing. Beautiful country down there.

I think I speak for the entire forum when I say we demand photographs of your adventures!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts