Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, My name is Dan and I just recently picked up a 2006 KLR650 for fun out here in the high plains desert and commuting. It's been awhile since I owned a bike so it's time to get "reaquainted". The only complaint I have so far is I can't get the weather to cooperate!!!!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Good grief if you live in Wyoming you should be used to that by now, hehe, welcome..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should be shouldn't I!!!!! The cold isn't bad..... I've ridden back and forth to work with the temp in the mid 20's but it's only a little over a mile so it's hard to go to the hassle of the rain gear when it's raining and it takes longer to get dressed then to actually ride!!!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
True that, I lived in Rocksprings for a number of years, not sure I would ride as much there as I do here seeings that the wind would make it more interesting then I would like, gettin raingeared up for a mile ride like you say is almost not worth it, if it were me I would find a longer way to work... hehe

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah the wind can be fun at times...... as you know though... if you live here very long you don't consider it windy until it's over 30mph!!! The wife asks me "are you going to ride in this wind?" and I just tell her I generate my own wind anyway so what's the difference?!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts