Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 1996 KLR 650 a little over a weeks ago, and broke the turn switch when I popped a wheely on accident at a stop sign (not used to the light front end, or the power).

So now I am having a hard time finding a replacement, and I'm not sure where to go to find parts for it. Does it matter what year the switch is? Is there a site that has these kinds of parts for sale (preferably used, or at least not crazy expensive)?

Any info is helpful, thanks!

·
Administrator
3,566 Posts
Welcome to the forum. What is your location? Adding that to your profile will help us and you.

Up to 1999 the part number for the switch is 46091-1309. You can find that here among other places. 46091-1309 HOUSING-ASSY-CONTROL, $140.27

After 1999 the part number looks to be 46091-179. I don't know what the differences may be, if any. I don't think there are any. I do however see that the particular part number for your bike is listed for more money than the other.

I did a quick eBay search, and in typical eBay fashion, the part is listed for more than you can buy it for from a parts warehouse.

The Euro switch that Toney mentions may be an option. It is listed as fitting all years to 2007. Personally I have had experience with that switch and wouldn't recommend it. I found it to be a cheaply made piece that eventually gave me trouble with cancelling the signal. YRMV though. http://www.happy-trail.com/headlight-switch-kit-a-series-klr650.html

I was able to get a replacement switch out of Germany that I am very happy with. You can find it on the German eBay site. Some info here: http://www.klrforum.com/1987-2007-wrenching-mods/52106-euro-light-switch-finally.html

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a lot! Thats been really helpful. I have checked ebay, but I wasn't sure if I was looking for the right part name or not...

That German switch looks good though, seems like a reasonable price.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts