Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Just purchased a 1999 KLR650, she is sweet. I am new to the KLR world... Had a few other bikes in the past; a Ninja and a Harley Sportster. Also had a Honda 80 when i was young... I hope to upload some pictures soon, though currently she is just a stock KLR 650...

About the only immediate need on my bike is new grips, does anyone know of any good replacement grips, that fit well?

Thanks
t3ch

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just put ProGrip 737's on mine. Sweet! If you like a fat grip, I recommend them. Cut down marginally on vibration too... marginally.

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Welcome to the insanity!

Do you know if your bike has a replaced Doohickey? The previous owner should know that...
If not you should.

Ride safe!

Mark B (4)

·
Registered
1,980 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the forum! Welcome to the insanity!

Do you know if your bike has a replaced Doohickey? The previous owner should know that...
If not you should.

Ride safe!

Mark B (4)
I had been reviewing this forum before i purchased the KLR (knowledge is power). I read about the Doohickey. I spoke to the original owner, he never replaced the Doohickey. Thus, that will be one of my first projects, that and cleaning the screen. Do you recommmend the Doohickey from Arrowhead Motorsports? Any other suggestions?

Thanks
t3ch

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
I had been reviewing this forum before i purchased the KLR (knowledge is power). I read about the Doohickey. I spoke to the original owner, he never replaced the Doohickey. Thus, that will be one of my first projects, that and cleaning the screen. Do you recommmend the Doohickey from Arrowhead Motorsports? Any other suggestions?

Thanks
t3ch
Yes! Fred Will take good care of you.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Went ahead and purchased the Doo kit from KLR650.com, along with some various other farkles (HA, did'nt even know that word existed until a week ago, had to look it up on Wiki). Hope to Do the Doo as soon as it arrives, will post updates; curious to see if mine is fractured as my bike has 30,000 miles.

Thanks for the Welcome.

t3ch

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Glad you went ahead and got it, that is cheap $$$ for peace of mind. My buddies wasn't fractured, but the spring had broken. So it will be one or the other if there is a failure, and maybe even both.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, I read that thread; great material. Can't wait to see what my Doo looks like... I will upload some pics after i complete the process, hopefully next week...

Just FYI: KLR650.com is giving a FREE radiator fan blade with every purchase over $75.00 (can't beat free).

t3ch

1 - 12 of 12 Posts