Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into vinyl wrapping some plastics on my 08 KLR. Did a little searching, google and ebay. There is some wraps out there but I'm looking for a pre-cut kit.

Please point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

·
Administrator
3,568 Posts
To my knowledge a pre-cut kit doesn't exist.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I'm thinking to just plasti dip the tank.
mine is gloss black and getting scratched from my knees on it specially doing offroads.

or just put knee pads/grippers on the tank, anyone knows if there any knee grippers for klr? or maybe a roll that i can custom cut?

·
Registered
171 Posts
vinyl wrap would be nice, but you have to take the parts to a shop to get it done right.
just take off the plastics and tank and give it to any shop it will run you around $400.. i think.

·
Administrator
3,568 Posts

·
Administrator
3,568 Posts

·
Administrator
3,568 Posts
This discussion reminded me of a KLR that was wrapped a few years back. To me it was totally over the top and taken to the extreme. Thought it wrecked the KLR especially since it started out as a beautiful black 2007, my favorite colour scheme, but then it's his bike to do with what he wants. Guy certainly has patience and talent.

Read all about it and see the pictures here. Lots of work went onto this. It would be interesting to see what it looks like now. If you go through the entire thread he actually removes some of the wrapping and paints the bike instead. That looks a bit better

Digital Desert camouflage the KLR650 step-by-step walk thru | Adventure Rider

·
Registered
171 Posts
This discussion reminded me of a KLR that was wrapped a few years back. To me it was totally over the top and taken to the extreme. Thought it wrecked the KLR especially Rider[/url]

I was only looking for knee grippers.. my knees and pants are scratching the tank badly, specially doing offroad and standing.

like these,
http://www.amazon.com/Areyourshop-Traction-Protector-Honda-CB400/dp/B00S24EVOM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1462394060&sr=8-1&keywords=tank+knee+pad
but for klr. or a roll to cut and stick...

·
Registered
171 Posts
the desert CAMO is very nice though. the new KLRs come stock with CAMO colors.

thanks for the links.

·
Registered
171 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This discussion reminded me of a KLR that was wrapped a few years back. To me it was totally over the top and taken to the extreme. Thought it wrecked the KLR especially since it started out as a beautiful black 2007, my favorite colour scheme, but then it's his bike to do with what he wants. Guy certainly has patience and talent.

Read all about it and see the pictures here. Lots of work went onto this. It would be interesting to see what it looks like now. If you go through the entire thread he actually removes some of the wrapping and paints the bike instead. That looks a bit better

Digital Desert camouflage the KLR650 step-by-step walk thru | Adventure Rider

OMG...must have taken weeks! Patience is right.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Thanks for the links to the coverings. I'll have to look into both a little more; they seem pretty interesting.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Awesome KLR wraps!

Hey. We sell some awsome KLR wraps on ebay check them out.
ebay.com/backupkitsgraphics

You can check out our Instagram page and see our work. @backupkits.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I'm looking into vinyl wrapping some plastics on my 08 KLR. Did a little searching, google and ebay. There is some wraps out there but I'm looking for a pre-cut kit.

Please point me in the right direction.

Thanks.
i just did mine
https://youtu.be/1jGX-_CwDKE

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey. We sell some awsome KLR wraps on ebay check them out.
ebay.com/backupkitsgraphics

You can check out our Instagram page and see our work. @backupkits.
checked out your instagram page...very impressive!

also went to your ebay store front...the only things listed are camo wraps. they are nice, just not my thing.

do you have a wrap in orange and black?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm thinking to just plasti dip the tank.
mine is gloss black and getting scratched from my knees on it specially doing offroads.

or just put knee pads/grippers on the tank, anyone knows if there any knee grippers for klr? or maybe a roll that i can custom cut?
I had my whole car plasti-dipped. I did it in august and its still holding up well with minimal wear.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi, thank you.

Yes on ebay we sell precut/predesign camo wraps, but throw instagram we do sell our custom design wraps. Are you looking for a especial design?

I need some help.... since im new on the forum, is it possible to open a new topic only about viny, decals and wraps? i would love to show you guys some awesome work we have done lately.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts