Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm new here and hate for my first post to be a question, but I am having a problem that is wierd to say the least. I have several bikes, a Super Sherpa and a 1999 KLR250 are among them. I have been riding the Sherpa all summer because the battery was stone-dead in the KLR and made it a little harder to start and I just hate riding it with a bad battery which had been in there for 3 or 4 years. The other day I bought a new battery for it, charged it up like I've done many times and, started it up. It would run but when I gave it gas it would just die...old gas, I thought. I then went through the carb cleaning it out but found it to be a lot cleaner that I'd expected. Put it all back together, same problem. So, on a whim I stuck the old super-dead battery back in it, and it runs just fine (except for the usual signs of a dead battery...dim lights at idle etc.) I then tried a known good battery from one of my other bikes and the KLR wouldn't run on it either, only idle. Old battery back in, runs just fine. What in the world is going on here? Any ideas?

OOPS!! Just noticed I have put this question in the 650 area. Sorry. I'll put it in the 250 area. In the meantime, if any one of you 650 guys have any ideas I'd be glad to hear them.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts