Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Not a brit but closely related: a newfoundlander from across the pond...have visited the home country on several occasions.

·
Registered
34 Posts
/raises hand, another UK member here

must admit, round Birmingham trail / enduro bikes aren't really that common on the road.. mostly I see them burning on wasteland :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello all. i live next to Gatwick just south of london UK, lived in Southern Africa till 2009.
I have had all types of off road bikes. Just bought a 1988 Tengai, Runs good needs some TLC which it will get over the next year. lucky i managed to get a complete 2nd bike to swop parts. Ilook forward to explore UK and Europe as i did southern africa. Been very lucky to have travelled east to west through 5 differant countries and two deserts. Raced in forrests, harsh servanna and enjoyed it all. I would love to ride from east to west across UK using the green lanes ( none tarr, lots of mud and fun).

Any of you guys live neer gatwick.

·
Registered
97 Posts
No way powerpro69, you blokes can lane split in the UK and those big old bars on the KLR line up unfortunately well the mirrors on many vehicles. Or perhaps that's what you use brush guards for across the pond!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I was just home on vacation, well kind of split up, Glasgow, then home to Coventry and then a week and a half in France Orne/Paris, didn't see one KLR, in the UK I spotted mostly sports bikes, lots of GXR's and the like like and in France, paris in particular I saw tons and tons of BMW R1200's, even saw one with a California plate on it!

·
Registered
1 Posts
klr 650 frame

hi all
another 650 rider here,unfortunately wrote mine off a while ago,been slowly collecting parts that turn up at the right money,still looking for a frame if thees any about,will travel to collect it with cash
cheers gents
mark

·
Registered
119 Posts
I was just home on vacation, well kind of split up, Glasgow, then home to Coventry and then a week and a half in France Orne/Paris, didn't see one KLR, in the UK I spotted mostly sports bikes, lots of GXR's and the like like and in France, paris in particular I saw tons and tons of BMW R1200's, even saw one with a California plate on it!

You won't spot many KLR650's on the continent. Don't think they sold many due to emissions regs.

·
Registered
89 Posts
You won't spot many KLR650's on the continent. Don't think they sold many due to emissions regs.
You'll see mine :grin2: There are quite a few KLR650s and Tengai in this part of the World so not a rare sight

I bought my 1988 KLR650 brand new from a dealer in London and rode it to my home in Southern Spain stopping in Madrid for it's first oil change.
At that time in 1988 a KLR650 in Spain cost 950,000 pesetas, around £5000 GBP. I paid £2000 for my bike in London, so I could have bought two and a half London KLR650s for one bike in Spain.

I'm just doing some essential work on the bike because I'm now changing it's original 1988 F registration to Gibraltar registration.
I've just bought some new rear indicators from eBay UK and I've fitted a new choke lever that I bought a little while ago from eBay USA. This is a very well engineered choke assembly made from from a piece of solid aluminium.

Oh! and I'm originally from Hove/Brighton, Sussex :wink2:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts