Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just tried to get on,and the site is partially up,but wouldn't take my password.There is a note that says to hang tight,working on it. :)

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
Glenn will get it back up....

But I like the rules on this site a lot better, and I'll spend my time here.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
One question...
I can't remember, and I'm not pointing fingers, but was there a bit of unrest the last time the site died and lost most of it's info??

I'm not saying there was, and I was fairly new to the site at that time at a few hundred posts or so.. I'm just wondering if there was?? :?

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Daddyjoe said:
Glenn will get it back up....

But I like the rules on this site a lot better, and I'll spend my time here.
Ditto dat Dadjoe!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Paper said:
One question...
I can't remember, and I'm not pointing fingers, but was there a bit of unrest the last time the site died and lost most of it's info??

I'm not saying there was, and I was fairly new to the site at that time at a few hundred posts or so.. I'm just wondering if there was?? :?
The last time Glenn's site went down, it was due to a lawsuit threat by some knucklehead, IIRC. His host shied away and cut him off, I think. Glenn moved the site a time or two to avoid it happening again.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Paper said:
Gotcha.. And Danke Sgt. Marty..
Just was wondering..
Bitte.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks baja,that's what I did.Guess all the old post are history

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
I have nothing against dot net but I do like the attitude hear. I am sure the rules at dot net did not come from nowhere. If you can't manage you make rules. If you have too many people in charge you have too many problems to deal with. If we had the same members hear we stand the chnace ay having the same problems. Dot net has a lot of resources and information available and I use it. If they recover I will go back as I do with the ADV, pashnit, V-Strom and other forums.

·
Registered
4 Posts
"The old database will be restored soon. I've been in contact with the web host and the server had some sort of problem. It wasn't shut down or anything like that.. but I am contemplating moving to a more reliable host."

The info will be back, thank God.

I don't expect to stay here after Glenn's site is back up, I'm going to stick with the community and I don't recognize most of the names here. Plus, the South East forum was the BEST. DaddyJoe, don't forget to stop in and say hello from time to time!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Wufnu said:
"The old database will be restored soon. I've been in contact with the web host and the server had some sort of problem. It wasn't shut down or anything like that.. but I am contemplating moving to a more reliable host."
:lol: :lol: They could try www.jdhllc.com Host it with me. :lol:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Is the .net URL being auto-changed to this site's URL? Some of the recent posts refering to Glenn's site seem to have been edited and now don't make any sense.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I figure since everyone says this site url is some kind of secret overthere, I should redirect anyone refereing to that site back here.

·
Registered
93 Posts
*sigh*

The threads are losing their sense when that edit happens. No biggie, just seemed odd.

When someone says, "that other site," here, do you see it in the same light? Not trying to start something, I was just asking if it was an auto-edit or if people were typing the addresses wrong.

·
Registered
425 Posts
What I think is that rather than respecting the fact the people had somewhere to go, the owner decided to bash this site, when he should do so to him self, I mean if there is a working back up of the site, it can be restod in under an hour, and how many days has it been. Anyone who really know this stuff knows that. But I dont run off at the mouth, spouting just to be heard.

I also hear he is upset because I dont own a KLR and because I make money from the site, Right, I do not own a klr and have delusion of being a guru on the bike. But I have a site here that is free to use for people that know the bike to contribute and creat a site that is an informative one.

And yes the site generates earnings from the ad bar at the top, but that keep thing free for users. I currently earn over $1200.00 per month across every site I have from the ad bars. In addition to the 50k/year salaried position I hold 40 hours per week. I take it upon myself to spend most of my evenings and nights working on the web.

I just turned 30 in august and will be retired from full time work by age 35, I owe 2 years and 10 months on a 30 mortgage that started on 6/24/98, I have a garage full of motorcycle that I ride, and I have a bank account that lets me be comfortable.

I'm sure this will tick him off as well, From what I hear he has took time to investigate some of my indevers, to bad his arent important enough to look into.

The one thing missed is that there is enough room on the web for everyone, This site may grow to be a useful place for a lot of people, it may dwendle to nothing and fade away. Either way, it has been worth the effort on my part, I have met some nice people, Built a nice site, made a few dollars with it, and test drove my first KLR.

Either way it turns out, its a success already. (and maybe another bike in the stable)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Sir: Whether or not you own a KLR isn't important. Though it would be cool, it's not a big factor. I think I can speak for many of us by saying; we appreciate your site here.

I know you meant well by giving us some behind the scenes info in your last post.
But, respectfully: I think it is important to refrian from informing us about pissing matches with another site. I don't think we care to read bad press about another site. Whether it's true or not isn't important. It only tends to make us contemplate issues that we don't need, or care, to know about. There were pissing matches going on daily at .net, and the fact is, that's why many of us are here. Who's site's owner is right? or who's site's owner is wrong?... we don't care. We care about having a decent, tension free site for the KLRist. Period. We don't want to have to decide who is the good guy or who is the bad guy. Most of us have already decided anyway, and it's best left alone.

I for one, am not concerned with .net either way. I'm here now. Others jump back and forth. So what. As you said, there's room for more than one site.

Don't lose your cool brother. We're here.

God Bless.

·
Registered
425 Posts
No worries, there wont be any matches here, I could really care less what happens over there. The mismanagement will only lead to further decay.

The goal is to make a site people can use without fear of one or two, or a handful of disrespectful member ruining their experience.

I'll do my best on the tech side to see to it that the site is what it needs to be. As long as there is a membership here looking for just such a place. I have some major changes in store in the near future that will make this site much better for the members.

Thanks

1 - 19 of 19 Posts