Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I happened on this forum by accident.

Looking for other local riders that will to put up with 2 newbies on KLR650s. Not just riding, but service, mods, repairs and general knowledge.

Also a part of the KLR650.net forum under same username. Hope that's not a forum no-no to mention.

Thx!

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
I happened on this forum by accident.

Looking for other local riders that will to put up with 2 newbies on KLR650s. Not just riding, but service, mods, repairs and general knowledge.

Also a part of the KLR650.net forum under same username. Hope that's not a forum no-no to mention.

Thx!
Welcome, and mentioning the .net forum isn't an issue here, but I wouldn't recommend doing the same over there.. A good many of us are former .net users.. This forum's got a lot of great people and we try to keep everything friendly and clean, but everyone's welcome to use all forums as far as I'm concerned!!:)

Post away!! Several people here in the DFW area, and many with the later model KLR's, so there's a lot of info..

And for some reason, there's several KLR/Wing riders, including myself..:11a:

·
Administrator
8,279 Posts
My first roomate was a farm boy from Maui.

He always called me a haole. Sometimes it was a term of endearment, the rest of the time...

Welcome! This is a good place.

Tom

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Welcome to the forum Alice. There are many KLR riders in your area and they seem to have Tech Days often enough to keep the group happy. You can always host a tech day and they will come to you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Alice, From one coach to another, welcome to the wonderful world of dual sport. You're gonna love the KLR, I can't stay off mine. Next time you're in the Tyler area give me a call.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey guys!
Thanks for the warm welcome. Sorry to take so long to get back here.

Paper - thanks for the tip. yeah, I'm seeing a lot of that myself (KLR & Wing combo owners!)

Tom - Yeah, growing up there, I understand. I found that definition and thought it was approapriate!

Tomatocity - actually I'm working with "Curtis" to get one set up in the spring. He was kind enough to offer his "workshop"

ridercoach54 - I'm going out on a limb, but is this Gary? If so, how the hell are you! Long time no talk! If not, who the hell are you? ; )

Alice

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Alice, gather up yourself and KLR and head up to Scott Valley CA for True NorCal Tech Daze during June 3-5, 2010. We are expecting somewhere between 50-100 riders for Fun, Tech and Riding for three days. so far riders are coming from WA, OR, NV, SoCal, CenCal, NorCal, and maybe AZ. You have six months to think about it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Tim!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi there Razor - you're in my neck of the woods. I can see the "City of Denton limits" sign from my house. ; )

·
Registered
13 Posts
if you can see the denton sign it's cold outside....Good to hear there is a member close!

come on spring!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello all! I'm a soon to be North Dallas KLR rider and like Haole Girl I am scouring this site to find the best maintenance and general info regarding my new bike. If ya'll have any quick link favorites post'em here for me. It would be greatly appreciated. Ride on ride on!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts