Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Located in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Pick up only. Was used on first generation KLR. Towed GREAT behind a Prius haha! Tongue was TIG welded, rest was MIG welded. Needs one more clamp like one in picture. Looked around and could only find one. Pretty sure I have it but hasn't showed up yet. Easy to make if I don't. Uses ratchet straps like other motorcycle carriers. You will need to take the chain off the rear sprocket. I installed a master link in the chain. Trailer tongue uses the power take off from a tractor as the 2 directional pivot. Worked great!!

·
Administrator
8,592 Posts
You're still on that sheer thing, huh?

Reactions: samuel

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
Universal joint application brilliant!

Any problem with aft tongue ground clearance (as in, scraping) on irregular driving surfaces (e.g., driveway berms, curbs, potholes, etc.)?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Universal joint application brilliant!

Any problem with aft tongue ground clearance (as in, scraping) on irregular driving surfaces (e.g., driveway berms, curbs, potholes, etc.)?
Just regular sagging on a passenger vehicle. I also had equipment in the back of the car but not really an issue for me. Drove from Denver to ABQ at 80MPH. I am selling because I sold the bike and it was made for that KLR.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Shipping is cost prohibitive. I'll take $300 if anyone is swinging through Albuquerque? Let me know.

·
Administrator
8,592 Posts
I think that thing is just puddle-wonderful. I wish a truly had a need for it, as I'd drive out to Albuquerque and get it.

Besides, the last time I was almost to Albuquerque I got dragged back to Prescott to fix a sick Moto Guzzi. It took me quite a while to become serene again. Some Italian designer puke owes me a trip to Albuquerque. Well, Taos, truth be told.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts