Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would put faces with the names. Mike and I have ridden most of our lives--he works in a plant as a chemical operator and I am a stay at home mom and artist--we've raised five kids-4boys(3 of which are in the navy)and 1 daughter who is ate up with horses. We live on a farm in a remote area of WV-on a gravel road--we even have a water crossing to get to the house--definitely KLR country---after having several kinds of bikes -dirt and street- we have found the KLR meets the diversification of our lives. We ride ours everywhere--him to work and me to the store and errand running. We hope to have a KLR gathering here next spring and will keep you all updated----Mike and Kay

[/img]

·
Registered
25 Posts
Welcome to the site - even though it's not my place to say so. I just hate seeing a zero reply post to an introduction.

If you need a farm-hand, I might be your guy. Big layoff's announced on Monday. I'll see if I make the cut. I have references - I grew up on a farm. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Tengai,thanks for the howdy.I believe anybody can welcome anyone anytime.Sorry to here about layoffs.Been there,done that,and they suck.After the first couple,I set myself up to weather them,and haven't had one in 10 years.Lucky I guess.Good luck

Mike

·
Registered
477 Posts
Wow, 5 kids, good job. I raised both of my kids myself since they were 1 and 4 years old. They are now 15 and 18, and they are both great kids, but I wish they were 1 and 4 again :cry: Welcome aboard!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
Welcome to the forum....

Keep us informed about the spring fling.

You could always join us at the Blue Ridge M/C resort Oct 20-22.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We would love to go,but one of my sons is re-enlisting in the service and ask for us to come down,so we will be in Virginia that week.Thanks for the invitation

·
Registered
331 Posts
We'll get you plenty of details in plenty of time----that capt. kangaroo thing cracked me up -you do look like him-it's not a bad thing-I loved Capt. Kangaroo---Kay

·
Registered
65 Posts
Bumpity bump on the spring fling at KLRMike And KayLR place in WV...

Mike, I still remember your description of WV backroads.... Is it spring yet? :character00201:

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:character00201: It's right around the corner,Yes,the spring fling is on.We will have details in plenty of time.Two full days of riding.One day as much dirt roads and trails as possible.Day two pavement ride,nice twisties through the hills and afternoon local trails and woods to play in for those who want.Will be tent camping here at the farm.It will be a anytime friday thru monday gathering.Well,there's the teaser-More details later when we can come up with a set date:character00201:

Happy Trails

Mike

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
Please remember TDT II is the third weekend in MAY. It would be nice to hit both of them, we might can make a small detour, or can you get to Washington State from Ky by way of WV?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Mike and Kay,
Why are we welcoming you to the site? Did you leave and come back? Oh well, glad your still here and look forward to seeing if I can at least make one day of the Spring Fling. Prefably the dirt day.;)
Luke

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No,we didn't leave.Got a bump from Blimpman in referance to the spring fling.Hope to see ya here.More info with it's very own thread when we can peg it with a date

Happy trails
:character00201:
Mike

·
Registered
331 Posts
Good Lord , are you still diggin coffin dirt outta your ears??????:eek:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts