Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Best $15 i've ever spent. They really tone down traffic without blocking it out completely. Sound great too. I was impressed with the sound for the price.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
A couple of my friends have them and like them also..
One suggestion.. I don't know if you're having any problems with the factory earplugs that came on them sliding out of your ears, but I know if you take the standard that are shaped like this

and poke a hole in them and stick the tube through that, they block outside noise even better and seal up very well..

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
See there, this is why I like you guys :) I don't have any problem with the ones that came with, but now I got a pennytech fix when they get worn out. Thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yup, I got a pair too and I'm real happy with them. While they're not top-of-the-line for music, they work extremely well with my talking GPS.
When modifying them with the aftermarket foam, I'm told that you can heat up a needle and plunge it through the center. Supposed to work and I'm planning on trying that method.

·
Registered
153 Posts
one thing, dont use cheap ear plugs. I've gotten mine from home depot or orchard, they dont work very well for that mod.

go to freight harbor or somewhere else. use the paper clip to burn the hole and dont breath the smoke. dont burn your hand. then super glue them to the koss plug.

good luck

·
Registered
57 Posts
Where do you find koss plugs? I had a set i got from Target, but they're gone and i can't find another pair anywhere.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got mine through aerostitch. I also got the inline volume control for use with my Ipod with gloves on. Makes changing the volume alot easier than scrolling an Ipod wheel.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I just happened to find a pair today at Hastings, so now I'm plugged! :smile:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts