Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bought a laminar lip for my 08 KLR. It keeps much more wind off than the stocker, but can't say I was too impressed by the mounting procedure. It uses two existing screws on the top of the fairing and a couple of those velcro stickers things on the bottom that stick to the fairing. All seemed to be OK until today when I went riding at about 98 degrees outside. The stickers have failed to hold the lip at the bottom. To be sure this works, you will have to find a couple of screws to fasten it down. The company should have provided something like that......I will call them next week to see what they have to say. All I know, is that for 90 bucks, they should have tested it more. (I followed the mounting procedure accurately) Put more than 200 miles on with no problem until this very hot day.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
spoke with laminar today......they are sending me a nylon screw set to replace the stickers on the bottom. Will have to drill holes in my fairing to use it though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey,
I just go my 08 a couple weeks ago and I love it. I would go with a taller windshield if it was avalable and I knew it worked, so I've been thinking about this laminar lip instead. I get wind buffeting on my helmet. I am 5' 10" tall and kind of a long torso, I only have about a 30" inseam. Mounting problems aside, do you feel the lip is good enough to stop the helmet buffeting and noise for someone my height? Are you taller or shorter than me? Any more info is appreciated, thanks.

Steve.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it would definately help. I am about 6'1 and feel that if I were a few inches shorter, it woudl be the ticket. I may sell mine and find a way to cut down the stock windscreen. When I stand up at highway speeds, it is smoother with less noise than with the stocker. Anyone have any ideas on cutting down the stocker on an 08 without making it look like frankenstein?? I would rather be in open air than dealing with turbulance.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
On my 07 I taped where I wanted to cut it down, used a fine tooth jigsaw to make the cuts. Radius the corners with a can or something to get a nice smooth round transition. Then to make it match my bike, I sanded the inside and painted it gloss black. It looks and works much better than the stock height.

Here is link to see pics of mine.

http://www.klrforum.com/showthread.php?t=2621

1 - 9 of 9 Posts